sadiebourne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I started a level 3 extended diploma in health and social care in September, but after a couple weeks im not enjoying the course at all, but as im past the course change deadline, ill have to wait until september 2020 to start another course. I'm thinking of doing another btec in Applied science (medical), as i wished my current course had more science in it as this was always my favourite subject. If anybody studies or has studied recently applied medical science, what kind of units or modules are studied, and what can i progress to afterwards? and anything else about the course, from diffculty or whatever would be appreciated! thank you)
AngelGamerXx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sadiebourne)
I started a level 3 extended diploma in health and social care in September, but after a couple weeks im not enjoying the course at all, but as im past the course change deadline, ill have to wait until september 2020 to start another course. I'm thinking of doing another btec in Applied science (medical), as i wished my current course had more science in it as this was always my favourite subject. If anybody studies or has studied recently applied medical science, what kind of units or modules are studied, and what can i progress to afterwards? and anything else about the course, from diffculty or whatever would be appreciated! thank you)
Hello, I currently doing BTEC level 3 applied science extended diploma. I'm on my 2nd year now, in my first year, I did mostly assignments which I have normally given around 2 weeks for each assignment (although other teachers gave me like 2 months XD), I do roughly 3-8k words per assignment, (that is a lot now, but it nothing after a while XD)and I get distinction and merits. Also, don't be discouraged if you get fails at first, as I got fails at the beginning of the year but picked my self up and was one of the highest in my class (getting the highest grade). There are resubs for your assignments, so if you don't do so well you can just add in improvements afterward. it can be fairly tricky at first but it fairly easy (imo) after some time, after you get used to the assignments and how the course is layout. I loved it, as i do lots of practicals and the exams are less stressful then A-levels. .After this year I want to progress to Uni and study biomedical science, thankfully, most uni accepts BTECS, but not all sadly (only seem one so far so it very low atm). I have done many topics like genetics, human antimony, etc. Hope this helps you if you choose to take it next year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (5)
13.51%
Labour (20)
54.05%
Liberal Democrats (4)
10.81%
Green Party (4)
10.81%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (1)
2.7%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.7%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)