Lucyjcoulson
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Lucyjcoulson)
I think the main thing is - DONT PANIC!!! I know it’s hard but if you panic then you will be less likely to improve because that knowledge won’t go in!

I know exactly how you feel - in my mocks ( January ) I achieved U/Es and 2s in all 9 of my subjects. I revised for about 2hrs after school and 4hrs at the weekend and I achieved 2As 4Bs 3Cs. They aren’t all 7s but I am currently applying to medical school and SOME only look at maths English grade B or above.

so to answer your question yes it is possible. It’s about the effort you put in and not just I spent 4hrs looking at my books , you need to actively revise , past papers , flashcards ect

good luck!
Also - don’t listen to people that say you can’t because that’s just going to demotivate you! Honestly DONT , I think that’s so important believe in yourself , it IS possible. I’m not a qualified teacher but I do a little bit of tutoring to my neighbors son and he went from 3s to 8s in about 1/2months. PLEASE DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS!!!!
emgx123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by hussain_066)
yeah i legit read the textbook before the exam
Looooool honestly
Christiantaylor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Gcsestudent123.)
there is less than 6 months for gcse and im failing everything!!!!
im on a grade 3 but want a 7 or higher
im going to revise 4 hours on weekdays and 7 hours on weekends [1 hour each subject]
is it possible for me to get a 7 or more in less than 6 months?
i really want to go to medical school but i dont think can make it ?
Yes! It is possible. Just be aware that it is hard to consistently revise for 4 hours on weekdays and 7 hours on weekends
Fawks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Howwww??????
I summarised the entire CGP Book in a word document (32 pages once summarised) for my themes and components and then did seneca for like a weekend before the exam.
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ArtmisKco)
Yessss definitely. Nobody revises GCSEs until there’s 6 months to go. Now’s the perfect time. I went from a 3–>7 in literature and 5–>8 in language and 5—>9 in rs.
Tbh I don’t know how I got those grades. I always went to the revision sessions. I believe examiners and my teachers marked them harshly. Anyway for rs I made 2 mind maps on an A4 piece of paper back to front and made lots of notes by using my exam boards course book wjec eduqas that was uploaded by my teacher. Then for English language this year most ppl write about love island to answer the 40m which was something about famous ppl but love island was a really really generic boring and over used. I used Justin burger Greta thunberg (learnt about her the day b4) and somebody different like shirley temple. Just write about ppl hat others wouldn’t know about etc
Last edited by ArtmisKco; 3 months ago
Prix0
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
But I’m really scared and people say I can’t do it ??? If I try hard can I get higher grade possibly a 9 even ??? Pls reply xxx
Brother, I came in the country late and didn't speak English. Two years after I sat all my GCSEs and achieved one of the top results in my school. My predicted grades were ranging from As to Ds (averaging Cs in most subjects with only maths being an A predicted). I proved all my teachers and 'friends' wrong (yes even my friends didn't believe in me). I achieved mostly A*s to As (9-7s) in my GCSEs and it was through consistent hard work from December holidays and you are right on time from when I started. Ignore what everyone says, ghost everyone, focus on yourself and work as hard as you can, it is stupid to say that it is impossible to get a 9. I believe in you, work hard
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
im going to revise 4 hours on weekdays and 7 hours on weekends [1 hour each subject]
I went from a 4 to 9 in RS
I went from a 4 to 7 in double science
Also a 5-6
I went from a 5 to 8 in history and and 3 to 8 in geo
I went from a 4 and 5 in English to a 6 and 7

This was all while I had measles two weeks before GCSEs and two or so weeks into exams I failed 3 though. Spanish maths and computer science. I started the year on 7 in com sci and was predicted an 8 in current effort but no one could have predicted I get measles just before GCSES
Ztormie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by emgx123)
Just to bring up my personal story, I had mocks in March, two months before my GCSE’s, and I found myself in the similar position as you are right now. I was failing, VERY badly. I was getting 2’s and 3’s in English language and literature, 5’s in RE, 2/3’s in Chemistry, 3’s in Physics and 4’s in Biology. This was 2 months before my final exams. But I seemed to sort my act out slightly before the exams and got 7’s, 8’s and 9’s throughout all of my subjects. Believe me , you have PLENTY of time if you utilise it very wisely and do not waste any of it. Speak to your teachers on how you can improve and stay back after school for help and support if that it provided. Your GCSE’s are very important and the one thing I really regret is not trying hard enough because I tried here and there and got all A/A*/A** equivalent but I could’ve gotten all A* and higher if I had spent the time and put in more work if only I took my GCSE’s seriously. I really do believe that all 8’s and 9’s are achievable for anyone if they try hard enough from now till your GCSE’s are over.
Your story is REALLY inspiring! T-T How did you deal with procrastination? - I have year 11 December mocks, in a weeks' times and I've done nothing D:.. I don't know what's wrong with me... Also, how did you revise for each subject? x Lastly, a HUGE congratulations on your results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must've took a huge about of determination, discipline and hard work to get those!!!!!
Ztormie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lucyjcoulson)
I think the main thing is - DONT PANIC!!! I know it’s hard but if you panic then you will be less likely to improve because that knowledge won’t go in!

I know exactly how you feel - in my mocks ( January ) I achieved U/Es and 2s in all 9 of my subjects. I revised for about 2hrs after school and 4hrs at the weekend and I achieved 2As 4Bs 3Cs. They aren’t all 7s but I am currently applying to medical school and SOME only look at maths English grade B or above.

so to answer your question yes it is possible. It’s about the effort you put in and not just I spent 4hrs looking at my books , you need to actively revise , past papers , flashcards ect

good luck!
Omg!!! When did you start revising? T-T Congratulations on your fantastic results btw!! xxx
r3320
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i went from a 3 in history to an 8, a 6 in graphics to a 9, a 2 in maths to a 6 and a 4 in latin to an 8

i assure you, it’s possible, just buckle down, dedicate yourself and memorise the spec - much like you’re doing now!
Ztormie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
I went from a 4 to 9 in RS
I went from a 4 to 7 in double science
Also a 5-6
I went from a 5 to 8 in history and and 3 to 8 in geo
I went from a 4 and 5 in English to a 6 and 7

This was all while I had measles two weeks before GCSEs and two or so weeks into exams I failed 3 though. Spanish maths and computer science. I started the year on 7 in com sci and was predicted an 8 in current effort but no one could have predicted I get measles just before GCSES
Any geography tips??? Well done on your results btw!!!!!!!!!
killernick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My 'story' is quite similar I guess , I fricked up chemistry and biology in my year 10 mocks(I take trilogy so my overall grade for science was only a 4) and I'm aiming for a 7 so I can take physics at sixth form.
Ismasudhan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes, you can. I went from a 4 to an 8 in RE. I got a 4 in my mocks and an 8 in GCSEs. I revised the night before. Not saying you should do the same but anything is possible (especially if you actually try). It’s never too late to begin revision.
Abzdot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You could easily get above 7s with that amount of revision but I’d recommend you to enter your revision sessions slowly it you’re going to burn out soon and won’t want to revise for GCSEs as much
cward1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Think it would definitely be possible and if you put all the work into it you are in a better position to gain a 7/8/9 from a 3. Believe in yourself good luck
joey wan
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
how did you revise for english gcses?
cward1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by joey wan)
how did you revise for english gcses?
I’m revising for English at the moment make posters and flash cards with key quotes and test yourself
Saihaanhayat
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
hey do you have tips for language and literature im doing awful right now thank you.
Ar27
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think it really is I’m currently In year 12 and last year I was getting 3s and 4s at the start of year 11 and in my GCSE’s I got 5 7s and 3 8s and 1 9 so it totally is I revised and worked hard I would say I did around 15 hours of revision in a week in total I now do biology chemistry maths a levels. And I too am hoping to go to medical school
ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yikes, I know this thread was a few months ago, but I am in the same position. In my Nov/Dec Mocks, I got two 6s, one 5, and the rest are 3s. And I really want 7s and above. I'm kinda losing hope right now because GCSEs are coming quickly, and we have like 3 months left.
Last edited by ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (330)
60.22%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.29%