Abzdot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by OkDan_)
Yikes, I know this thread was a few months ago, but I am in the same position. In my Nov/Dec Mocks, I got two 6s, one 5, and the rest are 3s. And I really want 7s and above. I'm kinda losing hope right now because GCSEs are coming quickly, and we have like 3 months left.
don't give up, people that start revising now get 9s! You could easily get 7s if you work now!
Harryallo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gcsestudent123.)
there is less than 6 months for gcse and im failing everything!!!!
im on a grade 3 but want a 7 or higher
im going to revise 4 hours on weekdays and 7 hours on weekends [1 hour each subject]
is it possible for me to get a 7 or more in less than 6 months?
i really want to go to medical school but i dont think can make it ?
It is possible!!! But make sure you don’t burn out or it will go backwards!!!! try and have breaks and downtime and use your time effectively! Get a tutor in the sciences and maths as they are the most important for medical school!!
ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Abzdot)
don't give up, people that start revising now get 9s! You could easily get 7s if you work now!
Thanks for reassuring me, dude. I'll actually start revising.
king axolotl
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I went from a 5 in my February mock to a 9 in physics. Of the three sciences, I put in the most effort with physics. Use the Easter holidays wisely. It's a very useful two week period. However, if you have half term coming up, also use that to put work into revision, whether that be making revision resources or doing other active forms of revision. Also make sure to target your revision. It'll be worth highlighting specific areas in each subject that you are weak in and start working on them first. While it is very tempting to pick the things you are good at to 'ease yourself into it' you are in reality doing yourself 0 favours. Good luck!
ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by king axolotl)
I went from a 5 in my February mock to a 9 in physics. Of the three sciences, I put in the most effort with physics. Use the Easter holidays wisely. It's a very useful two week period. However, if you have half term coming up, also use that to put work into revision, whether that be making revision resources or doing other active forms of revision. Also make sure to target your revision. It'll be worth highlighting specific areas in each subject that you are weak in and start working on them first. While it is very tempting to pick the things you are good at to 'ease yourself into it' you are in reality doing yourself 0 favours. Good luck!
Well done on that 9 in Physics.
king axolotl
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by OkDan_)
Well done on that 9 in Physics.
haha thanks. i was more glad I would never have to study it again :yeah:
Gsces2020oooo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh my please tell me what revision tips you have for the sciences it’s my weakest point but I really don’t wants 7s for them!
Gsces2020oooo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Could you please share some of your tips I’m struggling in the sciences rn and it would really help as I want high grades in them, did you use flash cards or what sort of revision technique?
Abzdot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Gsces2020oooo)
Could you please share some of your tips I’m struggling in the sciences rn and it would really help as I want high grades in them, did you use flash cards or what sort of revision technique?
this may not work for all but what i did is i compressed all of the science books, so i basically made nearly 400 pages into 40-50 pages, yes that is a lot of pages but the amount of unnecessary stuff in those books is too much.

To do this method:

Get a notepad for the notes
binder(s) would be very helpful to store notes neatly
file separators are ideal
the revision guides (like the CGP ones)
highlighter
the specification

So now you need to read through the book and also look at the topic you're reading on the specification so you aren't learning excess stuff. When you have all of your notes, read over them notes every so often as this improves the amount of information you will remember

This method made me go from a level 4 to a 7 (and i only really read the notes a few days before the exams) and moved me into triple science 4 months before the GCSEs.

Once again this may not work for you because people learn in different ways but to get a decent grade learning content is the best but for the 8 and 9 you need to understand how to apply your knowledge into the answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (264)
60.83%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.84%
No- I want it (116)
26.73%
No- I don't want it (33)