school and parents are mad over a joke ?

Watch
WOWjustwow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So basically i am very good mates with this person and they are talking about their mum i ask for the mums instagram account name and they gave it to me. i text this persons mum saying i am going out with your child and i say we might try sex as a joke bare i mind i put the laughing face emoji at the end. however they are angry and report this to the school they call my parents in and they are fuming? they give me isolation and a detention and now i have face the consqueces of my parents what do you think about this share your opinion
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
WOWjustwow
TheMcSame
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think it's a bit out there, it's not the sort of joke you crack with people who don't know you that well. Presumably, the situation is that you're a guy, and the friend is a girl. There's only one girl I know who I'd feel safe enough to crack a joke like that with, which also ties into an old inside joke where she said she'd f*ck me. Basically I was winding her up a bit and she went to say 'I will f*ck you up' but the last word just never came out. Make of that as you will. So I guess there's a double reason there for me, I'd feel confident enough that she wouldn't take it badly, and if all else fails, I've got a cheap copout.

Where you f*cked up was getting the parents involved. I wouldn't crack a joke like that with my previously mentioned friend's parents just out of the blue. I wouldn't even crack it in-person to them if my friend was stood next to me to explain it's a joke. Some jokes are just too touchy to involve people you don't know, when it comes to sex and daughters, parents tend to be pretty protective over that sort of stuff.

It's definitely an overreaction but it's not as if the reaction isn't understandable. Though why the school needs to dish out punishments for it is beyond me.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
that's a stupid joke, what parent would find that funny. some random stranger messages them on social media that they may have sex with their child that's gross.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WOWjustwow)
So basically i am very good mates with this person and they are talking about their mum i ask for the mums instagram account name and they gave it to me. i text this persons mum saying i am going out with your child and i say we might try sex as a joke bare i mind i put the laughing face emoji at the end. however they are angry and report this to the school they call my parents in and they are fuming? they give me isolation and a detention and now i have face the consqueces of my parents what do you think about this share your opinion
If you're seriously wondering why someone might take offence at being propositioned by a child from their kids school then you're going to struggle...
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WOWjustwow)
Like email it is often difficult to convey humour, sarcasm or any emotion etc in the correct way because the words are flat.

You wrote something really stupid to someone you don't know. Get over yourself and stop protesting. The joke fell flat. Apologise and cut yourself off social media. Also guessing you under 16 years old
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
If you're seriously wondering why someone might take offence at being propositioned by a child from their kids school then you're going to struggle...
I don’t think it’s real. I wonder what his next thrilling thread will be.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
I don’t think it’s real. I wonder what his next thrilling thread will be.
'finger blasted my m8s mam now ez pissed' or some variant perhaps?
username2393237
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Napp)
'finger blasted my m8s mam now ez pissed' or some variant perhaps?
He’ll probably steal that from you. I’m giddy with anticipation...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (517)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads