What is going on with the NHS? Watch

erica634
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Any time I go to the doctors, my appointment is delayed 2 hours presumably because there aren’t enough staff? It’s the same everywhere apparently, is something going on with the NHS? I know this is a really dumb question but why are people who are seriously ill have to wait 3 months for treatment nowadays and sometimes die because they’re told to wait. Has brexit affected the NHS or something, when will it improve?
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by erica634)
Any time I go to the doctors, my appointment is delayed 2 hours presumably because there aren’t enough staff? It’s the same everywhere apparently, is something going on with the NHS? I know this is a really dumb question but why are people who are seriously ill have to wait 3 months for treatment nowadays and sometimes die because they’re told to wait. Has brexit affected the NHS or something,
Years of deliberate underinvestment, frequent experiments with various bastárdised models which unconvincingly try to merge public health with private providers, having to act in place of social care much of the time, thousands of beds cut, thousands of staff vacancies, ridiculous amounts of paperwork which eat staff time, an obsession with ticking boxes to please bean counters, complaint/litigation culture, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.

when will it improve?
It won't improve if things carry on this way - that's a fact. If you can, try and vote for a better way of doing things. Otherwise start getting used to this.
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by erica634)
Any time I go to the doctors, my appointment is delayed 2 hours presumably because there aren’t enough staff? It’s the same everywhere apparently, is something going on with the NHS? I know this is a really dumb question but why are people who are seriously ill have to wait 3 months for treatment nowadays and sometimes die because they’re told to wait. Has brexit affected the NHS or something, when will it improve?
Turned 25 years old last week and my dark past is still traumatizing me.

I graduated in November 2017 and since then I have done nothing with my life.

Last year in 2018 I was living at a supported accomodation, at the accomodation I was abused by the staff and residents, it was a terrible time.

Some months later I was feeling suicidal and my father took me to the hospital, there I met a mental health nurse. The nurse said "you can harm yourself if you want to, your an adult and it's your choice". After she said that I was in tears , none of the other doctors asked me what's wrong whilst I was in tears. My father was with me and he did nothing .

Some months later I attempted suicide , I was taken to hospital .

2018 was a terrible year and it was wasted because I was mistreated by the NHS and other humans . I was once blamed for emotional blackmail.

At the beginning of 2019 I tried to get back on the path of recovery , but it didn't work, I spent most of my time in bed.

In July 2019 I was admitted into hospital for my mental disorder, I spent the first week crying on the phone to my parents because I didn't want to be there , a grown man crying. I felt really guilty for crying.

Fast forward to November 2019 , here I am, still in pain and traumatized because of my past.

Why is the world such a cruel place ?
erica634
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Democracy)
It won't improve if things carry on this way - that's a fact. If you can, try and vote for a better way of doing things. Otherwise start getting used to this.
What party would I vote for though? I’m not 18 but it makes me so scared every time I get ill
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (312)
46.15%
No (75)
11.09%
I'm not old enough (289)
42.75%

Watched Threads