The Student Room Group

chipped tooth?

anyone got a chipped tooth(front tooth) what happened and what did your dentist do about it ?
Original post by i'mconcuzled
anyone got a chipped tooth(front tooth) what happened and what did your dentist do about it ?

I have a friend that chipped his front tooth after a fall.
His dentist added a piece of, I'd say 'fake' tooth that matches his original teeth and looks quite acceptable.

Better than having a crooked looking chipped tooth I guess :smile:
Original post by alliswell
I have a friend that chipped his front tooth after a fall.
His dentist added a piece of, I'd say 'fake' tooth that matches his original teeth and looks quite acceptable.

Better than having a crooked looking chipped tooth I guess :smile:

I guess but it's annoying that it falls off every now and again. It get annoying after a while.
Hi, I’m a dental nurse myself and anyone who gets a chipped tooth ( mostly front teeth ) will just have a composite filling placed to build up where the tooth was before it was chipped ! It’s just a white filling material and is sooo natural, you’d think nothing was ever done to it !
Hi,

When I was 12 I was playing with my little sister and then I ended up dropping on the floor which caused my teeth to shatter (wish I could back to that day and stop it but we move). So ever since that year, I’ve been getting fillings but now I’m going to get a crown because I’m tired of being self conscious about it so hopefully that fixes my teeth problem. I’m nearly 20 now :/

Quick Reply

Latest