Parents vs crush/boyfriend

Watch
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have started meeting up with this guy outside of college, but I know my parents won't fully approve of this. They already stated that they don't want me to go out with anyone at a levels as I would be distracted.

I met up with him at lunch, and the lesson after that I couldn't stop thinking about him, and kept getting distracted during that lesson. I really want to get used to seeing him so this stops happening!

Should I tell my parents that I'm seeing him anyway?
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
I have started meeting up with this guy outside of college, but I know my parents won't fully approve of this. They already stated that they don't want me to go out with anyone at a levels as I would be distracted.

I met up with him at lunch, and the lesson after that I couldn't stop thinking about him, and kept getting distracted during that lesson. I really want to get used to seeing him so this stops happening!

Yes you should tell your parents.

I have achieved 3A*s and 2As at A-Levels whilst my friends who got distracted in school due to relationships achieved AAB and below. I would never allow my child to get distracted by the opposite gender. Most teenage relationships fail and are a distractions either way. I hope my future daughter can trust me enough to know I simply want the best for her, after she achieves strong grades, she is free to do whatever she wants to do in life. I just want to make sure to help her get good grades so every door is open to her career wise.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago

Your parents need to growup.. sorry but they do. Its really up to you what you do, you know they wont approve, so what you do, after this is the real question that only you can answer.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Your parents need to growup.. sorry but they do. Its really up to you what you do, you know they wont approve, so what you do, after this is the real question that only you can answer.
My parents need to grow up? ahahah Im proud my parents raised me the way they did. I study Medicine at Imperial and I would've never have gotten here if it wasn't for their life teachings on the value of education. Education comes first, love life follows after.

British people have the "C is a good grade" culture and this is why British girls are the most underachieving in the UK according to the Office of National Statistics.

Are you proud of how far you have gotten in your life? I certainly am.
Anonymous #3
Report 10 months ago

The truth is that... in order to achieve exceptional grades u have to terminate all distractions including relationships. Don’t worry my parents are the same and I agree with them because let’s face it, relationships take lots of energy and time and can significantly impact ur results. I would just avoid relationships right now, and focus on urself and later on u can get involved in this.

If you can terminate this distraction consider urself one to be successful because I know it’s not easy.
pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My parents need to grow up? ahahah Im proud my parents raised me the way they did. I study Medicine at Imperial and I would've never have gotten here if it wasn't for their life teachings on the value of education. Education comes first, love life follows after.

British people have the "C is a good grade" culture and this is why British girls are the most underachieving in the UK according to the Office of National Statistics.

Are you proud of how far you have gotten in your life? I certainly am.
Oh wow, a med student?!?! Impressive! Do you have any tips for getting into med school?
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
Oh wow, a med student?!?! Impressive! Do you have any tips for getting into med school?
Study.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.74%
I'm not sure (2)
1.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (39)
31.45%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.42%
I'm not a current university student (58)
46.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise