Doorman93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all first post I’ll keep this simple as I can.

Cutting a long story short, my boss was unwell and had to be off work so I was expected to do her job as well as mine. This was approx for 5 months.

My boss then come back and was put into another sector, again I am still being expected to do her job.

I’m getting no benefits, no extra pay, no nothing. Just more stress and not even any thanks. It sounds like I’m being totally mugged off. Does this even sound legal?

If I say something I’ll get shot down and probably get told to go look for another job.
Vexper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No amount of money will take away the stress of doing two jobs at once. You need to have a serious chat with your manager about the scope of your role and identify what your contract/job description stated, and highlight all the things you're doing on top of that. You need more resources to support you, or you need elements of your role stripping away that are too much for one person among the others.

Really you should be looking for a new job if they don't care, you will eventually go under due to stress probably.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it's legal, your contract will almost definitely have a 'any other duties as required' clause... however it's morally wrong

I would ask politely and just say you've taken on the responsibility for 6 months and you would like it to be formalised and paid or for them to hire someone to do it so you can lose the extra stress

if they say no... You have 6 months management experience now, go find a job which will pay you for it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.37%
I don't have everything I need (308)
43.63%

Watched Threads