shreya kc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have the weirdest predicted grade ever. no uni has an entry requirement of ABC? will i get rejected from unis that have BBB or ABB requirements?? i wanna apply for biochemistry to a good uni but with this,no uni is going to take me
Lostx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes it’s still possible. Some unis won’t give an offer but some with BBB do.
Prix0
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shreya kc)
i have the weirdest predicted grade ever. no uni has an entry requirement of ABC? will i get rejected from unis that have BBB or ABB requirements?? i wanna apply for biochemistry to a good uni but with this,no uni is going to take me
Get 3As+ to then take a gap year to reapply, simple

Poor grades lead to a bad uni which means your future career prospects are also not good - talking based on statistics.

Your aim should be to get top grades and get into Unis like Oxford / Imperial / UCL for biochem (Yes I said Oxford because it is not too late, if you get A*AA you have a good shot to getting in regardless of your GCSE grades, it's all about sending in a good PS)

I study at LSE and am a part-time tutor and mentor, and I can tell you that hard work during your A-Levels lead to a very bright future. You still have time, don't waste it nor get distracted by friends / Netflix etc. Best of luck.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most BBB or ABB universities will make you offers with ABC. Universities realise how much difference there is with predicted grades and with one grade below tend to make you offers to give you a chance to reach up. Also many universities do not fill places so take students 1 or 2 grades below on results day.
Amiimle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My brother had ACE predictions, he managed get offers from multiple respectable unis provided he got BBB, make sure your personal statement really shows who you are and smash those interviews. I think he was a people’s person and could talk his way in, idk but give it a try.
Last edited by Amiimle; 1 year ago
Christiantaylor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Prix0)
Get 3As+ to then take a gap year to reapply, simple

Poor grades lead to a bad uni which means your future career prospects are also not good - talking based on statistics.

Your aim should be to get top grades and get into Unis like Oxford / Imperial / UCL for biochem (Yes I said Oxford because it is not too late, if you get A*AA you have a good shot to getting in regardless of your GCSE grades, it's all about sending in a good PS)

I study at LSE and am a part-time tutor and mentor, and I can tell you that hard work during your A-Levels lead to a very bright future. You still have time, don't waste it nor get distracted by friends / Netflix etc. Best of luck.
Not tryna be rude but this is a. A pointless answer, and b. Slightly condescending to all of us who aren't rich and went to private school where A*AA is very achievable. Even your first statement is just annoying... no person who has ever done A-Levels has ever been cocky enough to say 'get 3As+' and 'simple' in the same sentence.
Also, pretty much any person who's ever been to school can tell you what you just said about top unis and top jobs. We all know this...
The person asked whether unis will accept ABC instead of BBB which they usually do if it's not too competitive. Some unis even will offer the person ABB instead of ABC- im talking good unis too.
Amar gahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dont worry, my grades are BAD literally lol
Shish_bish
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For a second I thought my sister posted this, but she's applying for pharmacology,
Prix0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Christiantaylor)
Not tryna be rude but this is a. A pointless answer, and b. Slightly condescending to all of us who aren't rich and went to private school where A*AA is very achievable. Even your first statement is just annoying... no person who has ever done A-Levels has ever been cocky enough to say 'get 3As+' and 'simple' in the same sentence.
Also, pretty much any person who's ever been to school can tell you what you just said about top unis and top jobs. We all know this...
The person asked whether unis will accept ABC instead of BBB which they usually do if it's not too competitive. Some unis even will offer the person ABB instead of ABC- im talking good unis too.
I didn't go to a private / grammar school. I have given my personal advice in how to break into a top university. She / he is worried about her/his predicted grades and my point stands that if you get good grades this year, you shouldn't worry about what your predicted grades are as you can reapply to university with actual grades or go through adjustment if you don't wanna take a gap year.

It is dumb to say only private schoolers / rich kids get 3As+ and can apply to top unis and get top jobs because I come from a low socio-economic background and broke into a good uni. My advice was personal in terms of wanting the best for the student. Getting below As simply means you have not invested a lot of time in A-Levels. Me saying 'Simple' did not mean A-Levels are simple, it meant that you can 'simply' take a gap year and reapply with grades you have already achieved assuming those are better than what you have been predicted. I am sorry if my message hurts your ego of not having invested enough time to get 3As+. The world is very competitive nowadays and one day it'll hit all of us, my advice was simply work hard, so that things get easier in the future.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Or they could just apply this cycle to places with ABB and BBB typical offers. They'll be considered.
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Prix0)
I didn't go to a private / grammar school. I have given my personal advice in how to break into a top university. She / he is worried about her/his predicted grades and my point stands that if you get good grades this year, you shouldn't worry about what your predicted grades are as you can reapply to university with actual grades or go through adjustment if you don't wanna take a gap year.

It is dumb to say only private schoolers / rich kids get 3As+ and can apply to top unis and get top jobs because I come from a low socio-economic background and broke into a good uni. My advice was personal in terms of wanting the best for the student. Getting below As simply means you have not invested a lot of time in A-Levels. Me saying 'Simple' did not mean A-Levels are simple, it meant that you can 'simply' take a gap year and reapply with grades you have already achieved assuming those are better than what you have been predicted. I am sorry if my message hurts your ego of not having invested enough time to get 3As+. The world is very competitive nowadays and one day it'll hit all of us, my advice was simply work hard, so that things get easier in the future.
You have somehow become even more condescending than before..
You have a point but the way you are phrasing it is misleading
Some people can’t hack academia like you can clearly
Prix0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Christiantaylor)
You have somehow become even more condescending than before..
You have a point but the way you are phrasing it is misleading
Some people can’t hack academia like you can clearly
The job market nowadays is extremely competitive and the recruiting is harsh. Trying your best in education, in my opinion, only gets you the foot in the door. There are too many people who achieve good grades nowadays, the office for national statistics will illustrate that if you do a bit of googling.

I didn't 'hack' academia. I worked my ass off even when teachers and friends didn't believe I could do it. You are instantly assuming achieving 3As is something only a privileged kid can achieve but you are wrong. I just hope the person who created this post doesn't worry too much about predicted grades and understands the true value of education by working her/his ass off to achieve those grades because it will make a big difference. Only a fool, in particular those who couldn't 'hack' it, will tell you that grades 'aren't as important' or that achieving Cs is fine.

I hope you don't take my message as being rude, I am simply blatantly honest with my personal advice. Take it as you wish & best of luck.
Conniestitution
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay so in other news, it ISN’T actually the end of the world if you don’t get 3As because newsflash - if everyone did get them they wouldn’t be worth anything.

I would a) try and persuade your C subject to up your predicted grade. Do some extra work, essays or papers if you have to, work for the B prediction.

If that doesn’t work out, not to worry! ABB/BBB unis will still consider you - eg. Royal Holloway has it written out on their website that they will accept applications up to two predicted grades lower than the course requirement.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was told by someone yesterday that they have just been given an unconditional offer for a BBB-AAB course. The person applied with BCD from last year and was not resitting. It just shows that some universities are dropping grades if you have a few grades lower. Applying with ABC might well lead to an offer for BBB but it depends on the university and course.
dj_ad_1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah i agree with above. I applied on monday and ive already got 3 offers for a different course with BBC when my predictions are BCC. If i was u id apply to 1 with ABB and 3 with BBB and the others having lower requirements like BCC. U should be able to get all offers if ur personal statement is really good along with ur reference.
sdfjasofjwaio
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
get a D
ingrid333
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
most BBB courses offer you a place. moreover, if the C grade is in a subject that isn’t related to the degree you want to apply for at uni - it won’t matter (in most cases)
Last edited by ingrid333; 1 year ago
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Prix0)
The job market nowadays is extremely competitive and the recruiting is harsh. Trying your best in education, in my opinion, only gets you the foot in the door. There are too many people who achieve good grades nowadays, the office for national statistics will illustrate that if you do a bit of googling.

I didn't 'hack' academia. I worked my ass off even when teachers and friends didn't believe I could do it. You are instantly assuming achieving 3As is something only a privileged kid can achieve but you are wrong. I just hope the person who created this post doesn't worry too much about predicted grades and understands the true value of education by working her/his ass off to achieve those grades because it will make a big difference. Only a fool, in particular those who couldn't 'hack' it, will tell you that grades 'aren't as important' or that achieving Cs is fine.

I hope you don't take my message as being rude, I am simply blatantly honest with my personal advice. Take it as you wish & best of luck.
Alright, that's fair. I understand your point of view, just take into account how you may come across to some people. But I do understand why you are saying it like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
31.68%
No - I have already returned home (10)
9.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
22.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
6.93%
No - I live at home during term anyway (29)
28.71%

Watched Threads