Can i change from my course and college Watch

Doctor_cavy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So i'll get straight to the point, i started out doing aeronautical engineering cause all seemed pretty cool and i thought that thats what i wanted to do. However, for the past couple of weeks or so ive realised that ive not really been enjoying a single part of the course so far, and i'm not even sure if engineering is a route i want to take. My other passion, for computers, has always been secondary until recently, and i was hoping to switch over the course. This is where the secondary problem comes along, the college im at doesn't offer a btec in anything to do with computers, however the college closer to me does. So to summarise, can i change colleges and courses or is that just a no no and i might as well get used to being an engineer for life?
Last edited by Doctor_cavy; 1 week ago
lia_r18
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could drop out of your current college and wait until September to start at the college that is closer to you. It is very unlikely that they will take you now - especially for a BTEC course (you'll be so far behind in coursework - I'm on BTEC IT and we've already finished 2 units this year).
Doctor_cavy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by lia_r18)
You could drop out of your current college and wait until September to start at the college that is closer to you. It is very unlikely that they will take you now - especially for a BTEC course (you'll be so far behind in coursework - I'm on BTEC IT and we've already finished 2 units this year).
I'm still not very well versed on how the whole college system works, but would it not be possible to finish the first year of my BTEC, then transfer over to the beggining of the first year of the IT BTEC, or would i have to join in at a later stage than the beggining?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (5)
13.51%
Labour (20)
54.05%
Liberal Democrats (4)
10.81%
Green Party (4)
10.81%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (1)
2.7%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.7%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)