ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago

Welcome to the Edge Hill A100 2020 Entry Discussion.

For general information click: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/m...ntry-criteria/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 4 months ago
Jedidah2425
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I was wondering if anyone has heard back from edge hill university with regards to interview date or even an acknowledgement letter?Literally sitting at the edge of my sitting on the edge of my sit
Jedidah2425
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I was wondering if anyone has heard back from edge hill university with regards to interview date or even an acknowledgement letter?Literally sitting at the edge of my sit
SSGT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Haven't seen anyone post about medicine at edge hill. has anyone else got an interview and/or know anyone else that has. there are only 15 places, does anyone know how many were invited to interview?
Laycity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I know somebody got rejected with 610 today.
annoymous_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I got an interview and I got 557.5 in the ucat. A100
annoymous_
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jedidah2425)
I was wondering if anyone has heard back from edge hill university with regards to interview date or even an acknowledgement letter?Literally sitting at the edge of my sit
Got an interview today!!
jsak
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by SSGT)
Haven't seen anyone post about medicine at edge hill. has anyone else got an interview and/or know anyone else that has. there are only 15 places, does anyone know how many were invited to interview?
since when are there 15 places. there are 100 places
SSGT
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jsak)
since when are there 15 places. there are 100 places
its always been 15. this is the information that edge hill provides and on page 8/10 it says:

'The Foundation Year for Medicine and MBChB are small programmes. For 2019 start there
will be approximately 15 places available on the Foundation Year for Medicine. There will be
a total of 30 places available on MBChB each year, this includes those who progress from the
Foundation Year for Medicine.'

so 30 places on the 2020 A100 course minus the 15 foundation students

https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/f...ons-Policy.pdf
MedicalSchoolApp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I got an interview as well last week for January. I have a 653 avg UCAT
anonymous202018
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
when is everyones interview date? mine is the 10th of Jan so tomorrow, does anyone know how many they are interviewing or if anyone has already had there's?
Edge Hill University
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi everyone,

Good luck with your interviews! If you need any interview advice, please let me know

Alex
Ty600
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
ive got an interview on the 20th but its so far to Ormskirk since im in London/essex and ill need to spend like £150 on tickets alone so im probably gonna have to skip it :/
Laycity
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ty600)
ive got an interview on the 20th but its so far to Ormskirk since im in London/essex and ill need to spend like £150 on tickets alone so im probably gonna have to skip it :/
You did realise where it was before you applied I take it? Have you got/had 3 other interviews?
Ty600
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah true but didn't realise how costly it was just to get there but i guess since it's not a major area like brum/Manny etc tickets are more scarce so more expensive
EllieBubbles9001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ty600)
I've had this problem to, and they won't skype interview which means I can't afford to even interview
:{
annoymous_
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Edge Hill University)
Hi everyone,

Good luck with your interviews! If you need any interview advice, please let me know

Alex
Hi Alex,
I have my interview on Friday, any last minute advice
Edge Hill University
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by annoymous_)
Hi Alex,
I have my interview on Friday, any last minute advice
Hi, good luck with your interview tomorrow!

If you're feeling nervous during your interview, sometimes it may show. Understand that this is completely normal, and we're not going to judge you based off feeling nervous. If you want to project confidence, try making eye contact, sitting up straight and nodding in response to the interviewer. It seems like small, obvious things but it makes such a big difference.

If you're asked for examples of something, or need to draw on previous examples in some way, it doesn't always have to be medicine-related. For example, "teamwork" could be represented by college projects or past jobs you've done. If you can make it related to the course, great! If not, don't worry about it.

Finally, this interview gives you a chance to learn more about Edge Hill. We want to know that we're the right place for you, so ask questions, tour the campus and learn about what you'll do on the course.

Hopefully these have been useful!

Alex
SSGT
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone received an offer/rejection yet or know when they will be sending them out?
MedicalSchoolApp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They said they’d get back to us sometime in February so it’s just a waiting game now
Last edited by MedicalSchoolApp; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.24%
No (557)
65.76%

Watched Threads