?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got an offer, me and my friend had similar stats and we both got an offer
Fall-Time-Panic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know how the reserve list thing work? Got a letter saying I'm basically on a waiting list but I've no clue how many others are on the list or if it's realistic waiting at this point... they're my favourite uni and I just want to know one way or another about them
Virgo123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So some of my friends have been receiveing unconditional offers for courses at this uni, anyone know what’s gonna happen with medicine considering what’s going on ...
GANFYD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Virgo123)
So some of my friends have been receiveing unconditional offers for courses at this uni, anyone know what’s gonna happen with medicine considering what’s going on ...
It has never happened anywhere before for predicted grades and I do not htink it will happen this year. Offers will be dependent on grades issues by exam borads, even if A levels are not sat, I would think
Fall-Time-Panic
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is very rare to get an unconditional offer to study medicine as it is so competitive. I doubt it will be any different this year as there will still be a final results reveal in August and the grades given are based off long-term progress anyway
Virgo123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fall-Time-Panic)
It is very rare to get an unconditional offer to study medicine as it is so competitive. I doubt it will be any different this year as there will still be a final results reveal in August and the grades given are based off long-term progress anyway
Oh so they aren’t just our predicted grades, do we have a results day or something ?
Virgo123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fall-Time-Panic)
How will they calculate them then,my predicted grades are the same as my target grades
Laycity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh so they aren’t just our predicted grades, do we have a results day or something ?
How will they calculate them then,my predicted grades are the same as my target grades
They are announcing the detail on how they will work out grades tomorrow but it’s likely to be some sort of assessment over the two years of A level study.
Fall-Time-Panic
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They are taking into consideration a predicted grade that your teacher will give to them (may not line up with what is on your ucas) and also grades from certain data points and mocks from the two years to calculate a final grade. I think they are also using gcse grades etc. to make sure that the grades roughyl align and 'make sense' and aren't too high or too low to what you should in theory get. There will be an opportunity to 'resit' the exam in November is the assigned grade does not match what you think you would have got. Hope this helps, try not to worry about it though as you can't change it now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads