Want more information about this university?
oliviacriesalot
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello all,

I’ve had an offer from Chester and I really love it, but I’m not ready to live away from home yet. I live in greater Manchester and I can’t drive yet so it would be an hour train commute. I don’t know what to do!!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oliviacriesalot)
Hello all,

I’ve had an offer from Chester and I really love it, but I’m not ready to live away from home yet. I live in greater Manchester and I can’t drive yet so it would be an hour train commute. I don’t know what to do!!
Hey oliviacriesalot

I would recommend maybe doing the journey during peak traffic time just so you can get a feel for the commute, you will then be able to gain a better idea if travelling to uni by train is something for you.

You want to make sure that you make the best decision for yourself and the one that what will make you work better and focus on your studies.

I hope this helps.

Amy :shakehand:
University of Chester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oliviacriesalot)
Hello all,

Hi oliviacriesalot We're so glad to hear that you love Chester (we're pretty fond on it ourselves ). Chester is well connected in terms of transport but I absolutely agree with Liverpool Hope University in that you should try your journey out and see how you find it because ultimately you want to make sure it's the right choice for you.

Personally, I commute from the Wirral to our Riverside Campus for work and it takes about an hour+ door to door (on Merseyrail). I quite like the journey and I get to catch up on my reading or listen to a podcast too But if you would like to speak to some of our students who commute you can use our new platform Unibuddy... Both Tia and Sam commute.

Let us know if you have any questions - Charlie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads