lety_lety2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I went the gov website to estimate how much they would give me when I will start university.
There was a question that asked if I was a UK student or EU student. I am Italian and I came hear 2 years ago, I have my GCSE, and I am going to have my diploma soon. However I still don’ t know if I am a EU student (I don’t have any qualifications there) or a UK student as I’ve got and will have relevant qualifications to apply for universities.
Therefore, my question is which one am I?😂 Also if you are a EU student you are not eligible to get maintenance loan.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lety_lety2)
Hi, I went the gov website to estimate how much they would give me when I will start university.
There was a question that asked if I was a UK student or EU student. I am Italian and I came hear 2 years ago, I have my GCSE, and I am going to have my diploma soon. However I still don’ t know if I am a EU student (I don’t have any qualifications there) or a UK student as I’ve got and will have relevant qualifications to apply for universities.
Therefore, my question is which one am I?😂 Also if you are a EU student you are not eligible to get maintenance loan.
Hi there,

Are you going to be working in the UK throughout your studies?

Thanks, Erin
lety_lety2
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erin SFE)
Hi there,

Are you going to be working in the UK throughout your studies?

Thanks, Erin
It depends how much they will give me (if I am elegible). But probably yes I will get a part time job
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends how much they will give me (if I am elegible). But probably yes I will get a part time job
As an EU national you need to have lived in the UK for 5 years before the start of your course to be eligible for funding as a home student. If you don't meet this then you may be eligible as a Migrant Worker if you work throughout your studies and are in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of your course. This allows you to apply for a Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Erin
lety_lety2
Rep:
?
As an EU national you need to have lived in the UK for 5 years before the start of your course to be eligible for funding as a home student. If you don't meet this then you may be eligible as a Migrant Worker if you work throughout your studies and are in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of your course. This allows you to apply for a Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Erin
So if I work throughout my first year course as a migrant worker, I will be able to get student maintenance on my second, third and forth year of uni right? If so, where can II apply for it?
Erin SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So if I work throughout my first year course as a migrant worker, I will be able to get student maintenance on my second, third and forth year of uni right? If so, where can II apply for it?
You need to continue to work throughout your full course. If you do then yes you can apply for the Maintenance Loan for all years.

Thanks, Erin
lety_lety2
Rep:
?
You need to continue to work throughout your full course. If you do then yes you can apply for the Maintenance Loan for all years.

Thanks, Erin
Okey, thank you very much for your time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (134)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.4%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.79%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (135)
28.72%

Watched Threads