Do I have to get higher than pass in BTEC Watch

Breezecam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am taking BTEC sports science, I don't want to do it but I have to or my other subjects will be dropped as well. I am putting minimal effort into all my assignments, getting a pass everytime, but nothing more. The teachers say it's mandatory to get merits and destinctions but surely I don't have to if I already passed. Any advice would be great. Thanks
bamtutor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Under the new BTEC rules," learners must attempt all parts of the task. The task should be designed so that learners cannot just answer the Pass part. This is designed to maximise learners chances of higher grades".
Therefore your teachers are correct in saying you must attempt it. However if you don't achieve a Merit and Distinction you should be given a resubmission opportunity, if you fail it the second time, you are capped at a Pass, so this is what they probably mean.

Bamtutor (BTEC standards verifier)
Breezecam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bamtutor)
Under the new BTEC rules," learners must attempt all parts of the task. The task should be designed so that learners cannot just answer the Pass part. This is designed to maximise learners chances of higher grades".
Therefore your teachers are correct in saying you must attempt it. However if you don't achieve a Merit and Distinction you should be given a resubmission opportunity, if you fail it the second time, you are capped at a Pass, so this is what they probably mean.

Bamtutor (BTEC standards verifier)
Thanks for replying. So can I be failed or kicked off the course if I only try and get passes?
Thanks
bamtutor
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Breezecam)
Thanks for replying. So can I be failed or kicked off the course if I only try and get passes?
Thanks
It is entirely up to the College policy. As you are not following the rules, they could kick you off if they want to.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Breezecam)
Thanks
Why not just put the effort in and try to succeed in a subject even if you dislike it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (343)
46.1%
No (80)
10.75%
I'm not old enough (321)
43.15%

Watched Threads