Prillylegoat
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’m doing criminology as my major subject but I have chosen one of my options which is a sociology topic based around globalisation.
For my assessment we are able to right a report (3000 words) on globalisation in relation to something else. For e.g “Global crime in the media: terrorism here and there”. As I’m majoring criminology I wanted to do my report in relation to globalisation and crime. But I’m struggling to think of a research question or topic. Any suggestions anybody???
hecti001
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I think you can find globalization in everything when it comes to crime. Terrorism is a good example, seeing how the extremists from any religion or social group can take similar measures to reach their end, and this can be observed in the past (Crusades, religious war), and now. Otherwise, you could talk about current "criminal minds" being instated in pretty much every city, I mean every city has its own suburbs, where one should not go. And it's always the same story... governments put certain social classes apart, and it creates drug deals, robberies, and crimes. In the US, in Europe, in South America, South Africa, and so on... So maybe there would be something to talk about here. Or, you could about the extreme right expanding in many countries. Due to our present world situation, we see people voting for political extremes in occidental countries, we see governments closing borders and so on... But we know "criminal groups", from the extreme right, are expanding through Europe and this would be interesting maybe. I know a student from Sweden wrote his memoir of master about it... he integrated different "neo-nazis and racists groups" in all Europe, to show how they were operating to expand. And they take advantage of the current economic and political situations of countries. I know he is under protection now, as people are looking for him.
Prillylegoat
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by hecti001)
I think you can find globalization in everything when it comes to crime. Terrorism is a good example, seeing how the extremists from any religion or social group can take similar measures to reach their end, and this can be observed in the past (Crusades, religious war), and now. Otherwise, you could talk about current "criminal minds" being instated in pretty much every city, I mean every city has its own suburbs, where one should not go. And it's always the same story... governments put certain social classes apart, and it creates drug deals, robberies, and crimes. In the US, in Europe, in South America, South Africa, and so on... So maybe there would be something to talk about here. Or, you could about the extreme right expanding in many countries. Due to our present world situation, we see people voting for political extremes in occidental countries, we see governments closing borders and so on... But we know "criminal groups", from the extreme right, are expanding through Europe and this would be interesting maybe. I know a student from Sweden wrote his memoir of master about it... he integrated different "neo-nazis and racists groups" in all Europe, to show how they were operating to expand. And they take advantage of the current economic and political situations of countries. I know he is under protection now, as people are looking for him.
How would I wore any of that into a question for my essay or research subject. Like that’s the thing I’m bad at. Also thank you so much for your lengthy response! It’s so appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.33%
Okay (64)
29.63%
A bit lacking (81)
37.5%
Not good at all (53)
24.54%

Watched Threads