Kali.kb
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I thought there was a thread for this already but apparently not so let's go!!

Where are you from?: London!

Universities applied to?: Bristol, Manchester, Kings College London, Sheffield and saving my last choice for January - all for law except Sheffield which is Law with Chinese Law

GCSEs: 974A*BBCCDDDF (the F was in art and the D's was in science. Leave me alone)

AS Levels/A Levels: A*AB in Business, Politics and English Lit (achieved already)

Is Manchester your first choice?: Honestly? No. It's my second choice behind Bristol so it all depends on what happens with Bristol.

Where accommodation are you looking at?: Hulme Hall, Dalton Ellis Hall, Denmark Road, Saint Anslem Hall, Woolton Hall
username5010754
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think there is a thread under something like University of Manchester applicants 2020? I swear I’ve seen one.
Kali.kb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kryptonitekid43)
I think there is a thread under something like University of Manchester applicants 2020? I swear I’ve seen one.
Yeah there is a general one, but this is one specific to law applicants as someone had noticed there wasn't one and was asking for one!
username5010754
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kali.kb)
Yeah there is a general one, but this is one specific to law applicants as someone had noticed there wasn't one and was asking for one!
Ah ok, my mistake well I’ll give it a go.

Where am I from? London

What universities have I applied to (for Law)
Manchester- offer
KCL- no response yet
Warwick- no response yet
LSE- no response yet
Oxford- interview

A levels (achieved not predicted)
A* AA

Gcse
5A* 5A

Is Manchester your first choice?
No it’s probably third behind LSE and Oxford.

Accommodation.
Should probs look at that 😅
Last edited by username5010754; 3 weeks ago
nathan_nacu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah this is for solely Law so we can discuss the Uni, a lot of us are interested in firming

Have offers from; Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield and Manchester obviously 😂but still waiting for Bristol

(i)GCSEs: ABBBBBB

Predictions: D*D in CTEC Applied Science and A* in Sociology

Firm Choice: I’m torn between Manchester and Leeds so kind of is my 1st choice, dont like Bristol and only applied just to see if I’d get an offer

Accommodation: Denmark Road and Unsworth Park, if i dont get one of those I’m going to Leeds LOOOL
Last edited by nathan_nacu; 2 weeks ago
shakozzz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Where are you from?: India ( international applicant but my family will be moving to London in a few months )

Universities applied to?: Manchester , Kings College London, University of Birmingham, Newcastle University and University of Sheffield

Predicted percenatge - 97% equivalent to A*A*A*A*A*

Is Manchester your first choice?: I've received offers from all but i don't wanna stay in London so i will probably firm manchester

Where accommodation are you looking at?: Denmark Road, Unsworth Park, Sheavyn House
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by shakozzz)
Where are you from?: India ( international applicant but my family will be moving to London in a few months )

Universities applied to?: Manchester , Kings College London, University of Birmingham, Newcastle University and University of Sheffield

Is Manchester your first choice?: I've received offers from all but i don't wanna stay in London so i will probably firm manchester

Where accommodation are you looking at?: Denmark Road, Unsworth Park, Sheavyn House
You have great taste in accommodation, we have the same top 3 in the same order lol, I’m visiting Manchester next week, after that visit I’ll know if I’m firming them
dodgy dingo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Where are you from? Stoke
Universities- Durham, Bristol, Exeter (ABB if A in EPQ and firmed), Leeds(AAB w/ A in EPQ), Manchester (AAA)

GCSE's- 9, 9/8, 7, 6, 6, A*, 2A's

Probably not my firm but the Study Abroad with the course is tempting

No idea about accommodation
Kali.kb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ah ok, my mistake well I’ll give it a go.

Where am I from? London

What universities have I applied to (for Law)
Manchester- offer
KCL- no response yet
Warwick- no response yet
LSE- no response yet
Oxford- interview

A levels (achieved not predicted)
A* AA

Gcse
5A* 5A

Is Manchester your first choice?
No it’s probably third behind LSE and Oxford.

Accommodation.
Should probs look at that 😅
First of all congrats on your grades! They're amazing. Also congrats on the Oxford interview. Best of luck with that!!

(Original post by nathan_nacu)
Yeah this is for solely Law so we can discuss the Uni, a lot of us are interested in firming

Have offers from; Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield but still waiting for Bristol

(i)GCSEs: ABBBBBB

Predictions: D*D in CTEC Applied Science and A* in Sociology

Firm Choice: I’m torn between Manchester and Leeds so kind of is my 1st choice, dont like Bristol and only applied just to see if I’d get an offer

Accommodation: Denmark Road and Unsworth Park, if i dont get one of those I’m going to Leeds LOOOL
Can't believe you got most of your offers already. The wait is killing me. I still can't believe you only applied for Bristol to see if you'd get an offer, the LNAT isn't worth the stress at all.

Love fact that a few of you lot are from london or will be moving to London lmao. Congrats on getting all five offers, especially Kings! Your predicted grades are amazing so best of luck with that.

(Original post by dodgy dingo)
Where are you from? Stoke
Universities- Durham, Bristol, Exeter (ABB if A in EPQ and firmed), Leeds(AAB w/ A in EPQ), Manchester (AAA)

GCSE's- 9, 9/8, 7, 6, 6, A*, 2A's

Probably not my firm but the Study Abroad with the course is tempting

No idea about accommodation
Hmmm, which one is your ideal firm? Congrats on your offers so far too!
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Loooool I just wanted to test myself, thank you though !
shakozzz
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Aw, thank you!
I don't fancy kings, don't really see what's so special.
Kali.kb
Rep:
?
Aw, thank you!
I don't fancy kings, don't really see what's so special.
Did we speak about this before? I live in london and dont see the appeal in Kings either! Bristol and Manchester all the way! Plus I'm taking my car to uni and I want to do little road trips to the other cities and such
Kali.kb
Rep:
?
Loooool I just wanted to test myself, thank you though !
Good luck! And I'll potentially see you in a lecture at Manchester lmao
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I hope so 😁
shakozzz
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ditto!
shakozzz
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I attend a offer holder day in my city and there was professor Jasem Tarawneh, the lecturer in intellectual property rights and commercial law.
Spoke to him about the law school, MULS, how lectures and seminars work etc.
He was an absolute delight and gave me so much information, making me positive I wanted to go to Manchester.
if anyone has any questions, id be happy to answer them bc I literally asked him everything.
(or I can email him bc he was also kind enough to give me his email ID for questions
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I attend a offer holder day in my city and there was professor Jasem Tarawneh, the lecturer in intellectual property rights and commercial law.
Spoke to him about the law school, MULS, how lectures and seminars work etc.
He was an absolute delight and gave me so much information, making me positive I wanted to go to Manchester.
if anyone has any questions, id be happy to answer them bc I literally asked him everything.
(or I can email him bc he was also kind enough to give me his email ID for questions
When was this offer holder day? I haven’t been invited to one?
Can u just tell me what aspects of the law school stood out to u from others and assured u u wanted to firm? Also how is the campus, is it big and spacious with lots of spaces to relax?
Kali.kb
Rep:
?
When was this offer holder day? I haven’t been invited to one?
Can u just tell me what aspects of the law school stood out to u from others and assured u u wanted to firm? Also how is the campus, is it big and spacious with lots of spaces to relax?
Hmmm you probably haven't been invited to one as you're a home student, the international one was probably a lot different. There should be ones for home students at some point soon.

Also ngl it's a city uni, and the accommodation is split over 3 different locations but it's all nice. The John Rylands library is proper nice (look it up, it's leng.) Plus is well close to the 02 in Manchester so all my money is going on concerts.
dodgy dingo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Probs Durham, really liked the uni and the location.
Kali.kb
Rep:
?
(Original post by dodgy dingo)
Probs Durham, really liked the uni and the location.
I actually firmed Durham last year, I was a near miss zero (basically I got A*AB and not AAA) they rejected me on results day but the thing is, they were very harsh with loads of people for law. I know someone who got A*A*B and still got rejected.

(I feel like it comes across as if I'm scaring you off because I didn't get in. Not my intention! I didn't even want to go in the end)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20
    Sat, 20 Jun '20
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (280)
47.3%
No (69)
11.66%
I'm not old enough (243)
41.05%

Watched Threads