The Student Room Group

Border Force Apprenticeship August.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by dajackel12
I'm in the same boat! Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

What score did you get for your interview? I got 18 I think.

Yeah hopefully, i also got 18... probably those with the highesr score get in first, who knows! I could definitely do with a boost now though and an email couldnt come at a better time lol
Did anyone apply to Heathrow?
Reply 42
Original post by daveena8247
Did anyone apply to Heathrow?

I've applied for Derby and Coventry. Have you heard anything?
I've applied for Derby and Coventry. Have you heard anything?

Yeah they are doing the pre-employment checks should get a start date soon wbu?
Reply 44
Yeah they are doing the pre-employment checks should get a start date soon wbu?

Ah congratulations!

I've not heard anything yet. I think they may be recruiting people with the higher scores first. Can I ask what score you got in the interview?

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!
Ah congratulations!

I've not heard anything yet. I think they may be recruiting people with the higher scores first. Can I ask what score you got in the interview?

Good luck with everything and keep us posted!

Thank you :smile: I got 15 in the interview what did you get? Or maybe it depends on the location whether they are desperate for staff
Reply 46
Thank you :smile: I got 15 in the interview what did you get? Or maybe it depends on the location whether they are desperate for staff

You're welcome!

I got 18 but I think it's based on location. Keep us updated with the progress and good luck in the new role!
Reply 47
You're welcome!

I got 18 but I think it's based on location. Keep us updated with the progress and good luck in the new role!

do you think its possible to change locations from what you originally stated? 🤔 because i could do with changing it to somewhere closer to home as I've moved
Reply 48
I think you can. I saw another thread about border force jobs that someone wanted to change locations and he e-mailed the HO Recruitment e-mail address to request the change. I think it went through but that was for an officer job and not an apprenticeship one. I think it's worth a shot. I'm guessing you've not heard anything yet? Where are you planning to change to ?Keep us posted.
Hi
I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice anything will be gratefully received.
I received a provisional job offer back in November pending checks, they are now waiting for just one to be returned which is from my previous employment with the civil service 15years ago ( I was only employed with them on six month contract ) I’ve sent my old staff number but it appears the HR department have not answered the request.
Now they have asked me to contact the my old HR department and ask them to action the request.
If the HR department don’t action the request before 09/04/2020 ( less than two weeks) they will withdraw my offer!!

if any one has any guidance or a phone number for civil service HR. Maybe pay roll, it would be really appreciated as I can’t seem to get through to actually to talk to anyone especially in the current climate.
Thanks
Reply 50
Hi all, got my PST certificate through this morning, anyone who’s already got it, do I need to send it on to someone or do the company do it themselves?? Thanks
Original post by Dustydoris
Hi
I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice anything will be gratefully received.
I received a provisional job offer back in November pending checks, they are now waiting for just one to be returned which is from my previous employment with the civil service 15years ago ( I was only employed with them on six month contract ) I’ve sent my old staff number but it appears the HR department have not answered the request.
Now they have asked me to contact the my old HR department and ask them to action the request.
If the HR department don’t action the request before 09/04/2020 ( less than two weeks) they will withdraw my offer!!

if any one has any guidance or a phone number for civil service HR. Maybe pay roll, it would be really appreciated as I can’t seem to get through to actually to talk to anyone especially in the current climate.
Thanks

Hi, I have got a number you can try 03450100122. They did send an email saying they are on reduced hours because of the situation. If you can’t get through to them on the phone you can try this email [email protected]. Hope this helps
Reply 52
I have just saved a copy. It says in the email that it’s been addressed to our employer! I don’t think we have to do anything
Original post by C98bax
Hi all, got my PST certificate through this morning, anyone who’s already got it, do I need to send it on to someone or do the company do it themselves?? Thanks
Reply 53
Original post by MimG1
I have just saved a copy. It says in the email that it’s been addressed to our employer! I don’t think we have to do anything

Aw class! I was worried haha glad someone else is in the same boat
Reply 54
Original post by C98bax
Finally someone else who applied for teesport haha! I emailed the other day to ask if the apprenticeships were going to materialise at any point this year but I haven’t had a response yet so I’ll keep you updated.
And honestly I work in retail at the moment and it’s soooo draining hahah

When you emailed how did you word it 😅 did they ever reply or did they just go straight in with a job offer?
Reply 55
Original post by JS90
When you emailed how did you word it 😅 did they ever reply or did they just go straight in with a job offer?

I just said I was enquiring about the availability of the apprenticeships and if they would be materialising any time soon hahah
They replied with the substandard ‘when the vacancy holder lets us know, recruitment will commence’ etc etc.
My provisional offer came through on the 23rd March, I can’t remember when I emailed now
Reply 56
Ah ok haha i might try my luck then 😂. Cheers
Reply 57
Just been offered a place in Hull. Its far from home but it will have to do! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting! There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Reply 58
Original post by JS90
Just been offered a place in Hull. Its far from home but it will have to do! Fingers crossed for anyone else waiting! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Aw congratulations!
Reply 59
Original post by C98bax
Aw congratulations!

Thanks! Have you had a start date yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending