Jane.a27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi !i passed my online test last month and havent heard any thing yet😢still says on website application recieved.
Jane01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jane.a27)
Hi ! Applied for apprenticeship.I passed my online test in june.just wondering how long did you have to wait For the interview (after the online test ?)
I am also waiting🤞let's hope this or next week they will let us know and tell the interview date. Which location did you applied?
Jane.a27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jane01)
I am also waiting🤞let's hope this or next week they will let us know and tell the interview date. Which location did you applied?
I hope we hear a good news soon🤞
Laurent1984
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I hope we hear a good news soon🤞
🤞🤞🤞🤞
DWalton1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys,Anyone else in the same boat as me? Applied for the recent recruitment drive and still ain't heard anything despite the candidate pack saying that sifting was to start on July 20th with interviews hoping to be done from August 3rd onwards.Take it I likely haven't been considered if this is the case? Still waiting on a response but the timing hasn't been great.
Jane.a27
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DWalton1997)
Hi guys,Anyone else in the same boat as me? Applied for the recent recruitment drive and still ain't heard anything despite the candidate pack saying that sifting was to start on July 20th with interviews hoping to be done from August 3rd onwards.Take it I likely haven't been considered if this is the case? Still waiting on a response but the timing hasn't been great.
Havent heard anything pass my online test last june..what candidate pack ? I dint get a pack😅
DWalton1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Havent heard anything pass my online test last june..what candidate pack ? I dint get a pack😅
I'm the same! Passed them in June and felt really confident about the whole application, but the timing is starting to worry me! Dont worry about the candidate pack thing. It was on the original Civil Service job post at the bottom of the page. If you log onto your civil service jobs portal and click on the application you should be taken to the original job posting and it will be at the bottom 🙂
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They are looking in to it right now. I really hope by the end of this week we will hear something. I have tried to change a choice location and have sent them an email that what I got as a reply...
Unfortunately we are unable to amend your application once it has been submitted and therefore we will progress the application on the information already provided. We are looking to release the sift result on this vacancy soon and are currently working to do so. Please keep a regular check on your CS jobs account and emails for updates.
DWalton1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They are looking in to it right now. I really hope by the end of this week we will hear something. I have tried to change a choice location and have sent them an email that what I got as a reply...
Unfortunately we are unable to amend your application once it has been submitted and therefore we will progress the application on the information already provided. We are looking to release the sift result on this vacancy soon and are currently working to do so. Please keep a regular check on your CS jobs account and emails for updates.
Aw God that's frustrating! Maybe you'll get the chance at the interview to explain what your favoured location will be and whether you want to change it. I'm pretty much between Glasgow and Edinburgh and put Glasgow down as my favoured one, but then realised that when I move out at the start of next year I'll end up being closer to Edinburgh 😂
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Aw God that's frustrating! Maybe you'll get the chance at the interview to explain what your favoured location will be and whether you want to change it. I'm pretty much between Glasgow and Edinburgh and put Glasgow down as my favoured one, but then realised that when I move out at the start of next year I'll end up being closer to Edinburgh 😂
To be honest I am happy about first location anyway. Just had a crazy idea but no than no. Just to get a job will be fantastic😁
DWalton1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To be honest I am happy about first location anyway. Just had a crazy idea but no than no. Just to get a job will be fantastic😁
My fingers are crossed for you! I think it would be such an exciting career choice to take, and getting into the Civil Service is brilliant on so many levels. Job security, career progression etc. Here's hoping we get fortunate. I'm glad to hear they're still in the process though and haven't contacted everyone! Just not hearing anything 8 days after the official sifting start date is a concern.
daveena8247
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Last year June I applied for the job I got an interview in December. Then in January I was put on the reserve list and in March/April I had gotten a provisional offer and we are in July and I’m still waiting for a start date lol. The civil service do take a long time it was the same with my current job.
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My fingers are crossed for you! I think it would be such an exciting career choice to take, and getting into the Civil Service is brilliant on so many levels. Job security, career progression etc. Here's hoping we get fortunate. I'm glad to hear they're still in the process though and haven't contacted everyone! Just not hearing anything 8 days after the official sifting start date is a concern.
I think we should have some answers by Friday. But it also says that due to coronovirus the dates can change. So maybe we will have to wait a bit longer. But I am sure if anyone from here will get positive or negative result, he/she will post it here. Let's keep everyone updated. Good luck everyone🤞
DWalton1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by daveena8247)
Last year June I applied for the job I got an interview in December. Then in January I was put on the reserve list and in March/April I had gotten a provisional offer and we are in July and I’m still waiting for a start date lol. The civil service do take a long time it was the same with my current job.
Wow that's crazy! That would be winding me up haha! But well done on getting the offer in any case! What did the interview entail out of interest?
DWalton1997
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think we should have some answers by Friday. But it also says that due to coronovirus the dates can change. So maybe we will have to wait a bit longer. But I am sure if anyone from here will get positive or negative result, he/she will post it here. Let's keep everyone updated. Good luck everyone🤞
Here's hoping! As soon as I hear anything I'll let you know so that people know they've started giving out responses!
C98bax
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Honestly, don’t hold out any hope for it to be quick. I applied to last years apprenticeship intake and I only got a start date last week. There is people still waiting from 2018 for jobs.
I applied August 2019
Interviewed November 2019.
Provisional offer March 2020
Security check May 2020
Formal offer August 2020
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by C98bax)
Honestly, don’t hold out any hope for it to be quick. I applied to last years apprenticeship intake and I only got a start date last week. There is people still waiting from 2018 for jobs.
I applied August 2019
Interviewed November 2019.
Provisional offer March 2020
Security check May 2020
Formal offer August 2020
So about a year. Better than nothing😁Which location did you got please?
C98bax
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So about a year. Better than nothing😁Which location did you got please?
Yeah of course it is, just don’t expect it to be any shorter haha cos trust me it takes forever. I’m based at Teesport
daveena8247
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Wow that's crazy! That would be winding me up haha! But well done on getting the offer in any case! What did the interview entail out of interest?
Thank you 😊 they just asked you strength based questions, best way to answer them is to give an example for each. I found that worked best for me whenever I went for an interview.
Jane01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by C98bax)
Yeah of course it is, just don’t expect it to be any shorter haha cos trust me it takes forever. I’m based at Teesport
Super. Good luck in a new job. Tell us later hos is it. I hope you will enjoy it. I have applied for Tilbury. Is not very popular location so really hoping to get it😁
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (3)
3.66%
Confident (9)
10.98%
Indifferent (8)
9.76%
Unsure (19)
23.17%
Worried (43)
52.44%

Watched Threads