Izzy Pye
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

Has anyone heard anything? How did you find the TSA? What college did you apply for? What are your A level subjects? Sorry for all the questions but I can’t seem to find them anywhere so thought we could have a legit feed JUST for PPE!!!
philpherb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Izzy Pye)
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

Has anyone heard anything? How did you find the TSA? What college did you apply for? What are your A level subjects? Sorry for all the questions but I can’t seem to find them anywhere so thought we could have a legit feed JUST for PPE!!!
Thanks for starting it!! I’m applying to Worcester, TSA was extremely hard for me, I am taking the AP program! Haven’t heard anything back yet.
username5004394
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

thanks for starting the thread! I applied for PPE at Christ Church, I didn’t think the TSA was too bad (a little easier than 2018 maybe), but I know I made at least 2 mistakes for sure. I’m a second degree applicant so no a levels
Maddie.clark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

Thanks for making the thread! It is so frustrating sifting through all of the applicant threads to find anything useful or reassuring. I haven't heard anything. I found the TSA bearable, it was never going to be easy aha I am applying to Keble. I am taking Maths, Economics and History and then an EPQ on a political topic.
Izzy Pye
Rep:
?
I don’t know how many mistakes I made- probably more wrong than right haha. A lot of people who I’ve spoken to said they found timings hard and ended up guessing 4/5 of the questions!
Izzy Pye
Rep:
?
ALSO, does anyone know how significant the essay section to the TSA is? What question did you do? Thanks
Izzy Pye
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maddie.clark)
Thanks for making the thread! It is so frustrating sifting through all of the applicant threads to find anything useful or reassuring. I haven't heard anything. I found the TSA bearable, it was never going to be easy aha I am applying to Keble. I am taking Maths, Economics and History and then an EPQ on a political topic.
How many people from your school applied? And that’s a very good point, the TSA would never be “easy”!!
crocodiletentwo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Applying for PPE at Exeter haven’t heard yet. Found the TSA much harder than some of the practice papers and had less of the maths questions which I found easier
Izzy Pye
Rep:
?
(Original post by crocodiletentwo)
Applying for PPE at Exeter haven’t heard yet. Found the TSA much harder than some of the practice papers and had less of the maths questions which I found easier
I applied to Exeter for PPE too. They offered me AAA. I’m sure they will give you an offer soon.
jasmineapplicant
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied for PPE at St John's, I haven't heard anything yet. Got an offer from Durham 8 days ago, which is a relief. Good luck everyone!
Last edited by jasmineapplicant; 1 year ago
Chips2001snake
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could everyone fill this out?

GCSE GRADES:
A LEVEL PREDICTIONS & SUBJECTS:
HIGHEST SCORE ON PRACTICE TSA PAPER:
COLLEGE APPLIED TO:
OTHER UNIS:
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO INCLUDE:
crocodiletentwo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Was that last year? Izzy Pye
Last edited by crocodiletentwo; 1 year ago
Izzy Pye
Rep:
?
(Original post by crocodiletentwo)
Was that last year? Izzy Pye
No. This year.
Izzy Pye
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chips2001snake)

GCSE GRADES:
COLLEGE APPLIED TO:
OTHER UNIS:
GCSE grades: 2.9s 5.8s 2.7s
A level predicted grades: A*AA
A level subjects: Economics, Politics and English Literature. Predictions respectable to the order of subjects
Highest score on TSA: 68%. I didn’t do many papers.
College: Worcester
Other unis: Birmingham, Exeter, Leeds and Newcastle
Other stuff: not too fussed about getting in just thought I’d give it a go. The first full paper I did under timed conditions was in the exam 😂. Good luck to everyone tho!
Wilma W.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to Exeter for PPE too. They offered me AAA. I’m sure they will give you an offer soon.
I think there is a slight misunderstanding here. On an Oxford topic people assume you are talking about Exeter College, not Exeter University.

So your offer is from Exeter Uni, not from Oxford, I guess.
Izzy Pye
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wilma W.)
I think there is a slight misunderstanding here. On an Oxford topic people assume you are talking about Exeter College, not Exeter University.

So your offer is from Exeter Uni, not from Oxford, I guess.
Ohhhh!! Haha yeh that makes sense. I forgot there was a college called Exeter, sorry!
QiuAn_qi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I also applied for St John’s , haven’t got any interview invitation yet. Got an offer from Manchester on the day of TSA exam! All the best everyone! we can do itt!
QiuAn_qi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jasmineapplicant)
I applied for PPE at St John's, I haven't heard anything yet. Got an offer from Durham 8 days ago, which is a relief. Good luck everyone!
Same college and some degree! Hiiii
Blayard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chips2001snake)

GCSE GRADES:
COLLEGE APPLIED TO:
OTHER UNIS:
GCSE: 3 9s, 5 8s, 1a* 2 as and an a in additional maths.
A level: maths a*, fmaths a and history a*
Highest score: 46
College: wadham
Unis: Leeds, Liverpool, Edinburgh, ucl
Also doing an epq in the South Sea bubble and did Chem as (B)
alexb993
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OFFICIAL PPE THREAD:

I think colleges are allowed to tell you from tomorrow and should be all done by Friday. No pressure guys
I think I might have really messed up the TSA, which is really annoying because I was doing more than well enough in practices. I'm trying not to worry, we're just gonna see I guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (12)
40%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
13.33%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (2)
6.67%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (6)
20%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (3)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (3)
10%

Watched Threads