Dortmund fan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Long story but please read. As long as I can remember I had a mole on my left shoulder. This mole has always been bigger than other moles on my body, but slightly. It never changed and so I never worried about it. And then one day (in april) I looked at it and out of nowhere it had grown bigger and had a dark patch in it. Not sure if this anything whatsoever to do with it but the day I noticed it I also happened to be doing very mild sunbathing (like half an hour) In hindsight, this was stupid but I didn't tell anyone about it and I just hoped it was benign. I had read somewhere that it is rare for pre existing moles to become cancerous and that they can change slightly anyway. Since I noticed this change, the mole hasn't changed further . I haven't noticed any symptoms like itching or bleeding or peeling. The mole is on my shoulder which has received very little sun exposure over the years.ive only been sunburnt once and have never used tanning beds or anything. Should I still be concerned?
Last edited by Dortmund fan; 2 weeks ago
MindlessBarbb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You should most probably visit a doctor as none of us can help over the internet.
stillcrying
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Like the person above, if you’re worried it wouldn’t hurt to have it checked out by a doctor. However, I doubt it is cancerous and it’s likely just your body changing shape as moles will get larger as you grow. (Presuming you are still growing)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
18.73%
Labour (552)
51.69%
Liberal Democrats (144)
13.48%
Green Party (59)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.4%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.59%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.47%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.66%
SDLP (1)
0.09%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.37%
UKIP (11)
1.03%
Other (11)
1.03%
None (38)
3.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise