I want to stand out for uni applications Watch

Rainb11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm in my first year of sixth form and I was wondering what activities or things I could do to stand out, for when I'm applying to uni. I don't want to leave it to late and that's why I'm trying to figure it out now.
StacyWu333
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I am a Maths student, I hope my answers could help you.
Currently I have received offers from Warick and Durham. And what I have written in my personal statement includes:
1. Summer school in HongKong Univeristy. (You could try to join some summer courses in different universities like: Ox, Cam..., universities in USA could also make you stand out Remember that the rank of the university u enrolled in is not the most important, but the course! You have to study something same with the course u want to study in universities in the future.)
2. Lots of Competitions. (Try to gain more awards in your area)
3.Teacher Assistant. (I have helped our Maths teacher to teach and a lot of other works.)
4. The books that I read. You have to read a lot of books to support ur love to the subject and to show how mauch u have paid for it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Rainb11)
I'm in my first year of sixth form and I was wondering what activities or things I could do to stand out, for when I'm applying to uni. I don't want to leave it to late and that's why I'm trying to figure it out now.
What do you want to study?
Rainb11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
What do you want to study?
Law or law and international relations/politics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (282)
46.77%
No (69)
11.44%
I'm not old enough (252)
41.79%

Watched Threads