Fjordsarenice
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey,

I'm doing Maths A levels, and resitting my A levels due to extenuating circumstances, so I've pretty much covered everything to a fairly good depth.

Having done PMT past papers I felt very few Questions C1 C2 C3 C4 across exam boards from Physics Maths Tutor engage problem solving skills, as opposed to repeating a method, and honestly I find it tedious, and actually somewhat detrimental to go through a dozen of papers only to find one or two questions that make you think a little more. This is because as I'm practicing so much with fluency in method (which I find redudant due to already having lots of the same practice) rather than what methods to apply. So I'm just wondering if doing AEA papers would benefit me in any sort of way for the real exam (I'm taking MEI). From my understanding AEA papers are written in exam style format.

I was considering doing some STEP I papers to enhance my problem solving, but the format is something different from A level in its entirety. So even though AEA is a lot easier than STEP, they do appear to be in exam style, so I was wondering if they're worth the time to do?

I would be grateful for any other suggestions of websites that have some good Exam style problems to make you think!

I guess some questions from Solomon Papers too, but are the papers coded according to difficulty?
Last edited by Fjordsarenice; 3 weeks ago
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have u tried IYGB papers?
I think they coded in alphabetical order in increasing difficulty?
Also you could try OCR B MEI papers (basically more 'applied' maths)
Wford
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
AEA papers are good and there are lots of them. I think looking at some step can really help too even if you dont sit it, especially for the mechanics questions
Fjordsarenice
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Wford)
AEA papers are good and there are lots of them. I think looking at some step can really help too even if you dont sit it, especially for the mechanics questions
Thank you!
Fjordsarenice
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CurryCurry2468)
Have u tried IYGB papers?
I think they coded in alphabetical order in increasing difficulty?
Also you could try OCR B MEI papers (basically more 'applied' maths)
Yeah I do OCR B MEI lol, but I thought they were a little easy, I've looked at the IYGB though! They definiely seem interesting but because they aren't an official examantion, I'm wondering how many students have tried them and if they were really of benefit towards the final GCE examination. I don't want to end up doing a load only to realise that the questions have very different contexts to that in the MEI examinations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (287)
46.82%
No (70)
11.42%
I'm not old enough (256)
41.76%

Watched Threads