The Student Room Group

Changing Uni in second year.

So I’ve decided to drop out and move to a new course at a new university because I’m too miserable doing what I’m currently doing and it’s elseverely affecting my mental health. Assuming all goes well and I make it onto the course, I’d have to fund the first year myself due to the way SFE operates, which is impossible.

Is there any circumstance where SFE would discount my second year of study due to mental health reasons?

OR, is there any way to pay for the first year throughout the degree so that I have time to make up the money for tuition?

(Taking time out of study is not an option due to other commitments)
Original post by Edennnn_
So I’ve decided to drop out and move to a new course at a new university because I’m too miserable doing what I’m currently doing and it’s elseverely affecting my mental health. Assuming all goes well and I make it onto the course, I’d have to fund the first year myself due to the way SFE operates, which is impossible.

Is there any circumstance where SFE would discount my second year of study due to mental health reasons?

OR, is there any way to pay for the first year throughout the degree so that I have time to make up the money for tuition?

You need to explain why your previous study was affected by compelling personal reasons when you apply for finance and also provide evidence of those circumstances.

If cpr is granted then SFE will add an extra year of funded study to your eligibility
As above, get yourself to a doctors to discuss your mental health issues (if you haven't already) because you will need a proper diagnosis of something like depression in order to be able to provide the evidence they will be looking for
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
If cpr is granted then SFE will add an extra year of funded study to your eligibility

Does this only apply to the tuition loan or the maintenance loan too?
Original post by Edennnn_

Hi there,

To apply for an additional year of Tuition Fee Loan, we will require evidence of your compelling personal reasons. We can accept a letter from your GP confirming the reason for being unable to complete your studies and how the circumstances affected your studies, this must be on headed paper along with a signature and date. At the moment you are still eligible for the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending