I have a severe phobia addiction how can I end it?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I have depression and social anxiety and I use my phone as a coping mechanism to distract myself and a surrogate for a social life as watching vlogs online and DMing people is much easier than cultivating real life connections. I’m on my phone CONSTANT, waste most of my days on my phone for the entire day- like it’s a massive problem which I’m also ashamed of. It’s really ****ed me up mentally and physically- I’m less intelligent, my mental health issues are much worse, my ability to focus has been ruined, I have body pains from having no excercise almost everyday. It’s basically almost the same symptoms of weed dependency- and this has been over the course of 2 years. I really need help dealing with these issues how can I stop this addiction? The thing is I have to use my phone to make phone calls and talk to people when needed and for GPS- and I’m scared to face my own mind and it’s so hard to find any dopamine outside my phone.
Dalpx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm sorry to hear that.
Are you a student?
I think you need sports and ambition.
How long have you been depressed? What caused it?
Last edited by Dalpx; 10 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dalpx)
I'm sorry to hear that.
Are you male or female? How old are you?
Are you a student?
I think you need sports and ambition.
How long have you been depressed? What caused it?
Female 21 currently on a gap year, I’ve had depression since I was 14 and not sure what caused it but I know social anxiety played a major part
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
That must suck omg I felt the same way over the summer holidays I spent so much time on my phone and isolated myself, which caused me to get into a rut of depression because I wasn’t doing anything which further led me to do even less because depression made me less motivated to do stuff and this kept the cycle going I’m now back at school thankfully and feel a bit more motivated about life but I can’t imagine dealing with this for years! I’m thinking of seeing a counsellor about it and would recommend the same to you! Hopefully they can give you some advice and make you feel more motivated about life in general. Apart from that I don’t know what to recommend I’m afraid but I hope life gets better for you soon 💚
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
That must suck omg I felt the same way over the summer holidays I spent so much time on my phone and isolated myself, which caused me to get into a rut of depression because I wasn’t doing anything which further led me to do even less because depression made me less motivated to do stuff and this kept the cycle going I’m now back at school thankfully and feel a bit more motivated about life but I can’t imagine dealing with this for years! I’m thinking of seeing a counsellor about it and would recommend the same to you! Hopefully they can give you some advice and make you feel more motivated about life in general. Apart from that I don’t know what to recommend I’m afraid but I hope life gets better for you soon 💚
Thankyou so much I really appreciate yeah imma see a counsellor soon so I’ll do that
Dalpx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Female 21 currently on a gap year, I’ve had depression since I was 14 and not sure what caused it but I know social anxiety played a major part
I'm sorry to hear that.
Do you try to make friends with other girls or boys?
Do you have a boyfriend?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dalpx)
I'm sorry to hear that.
Do you try to make friends with other girls or boys?
Do you have a boyfriend?
Why this relevent lol?? Yh I have a boyfriend- but relationships don’t solve everything. I struggle to make platonic relationships still
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads