jirr44
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I thought I'd make this new thread for all PPLE 2020 applicants at UvA. Has anyone applied yet? I applied a few days ago and my status seems to be 'admission decision'.
Lilouvo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I'm planning to have applied either today or tomorrow, but i'm really not satisfied with my personal statement . What are you majoring in?
jirr44
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lilouvo)
Hi! I'm planning to have applied either today or tomorrow, but i'm really not satisfied with my personal statement . What are you majoring in?
I will most likely choose law or politics, what about you?
hyd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I'm currently applying for PPLE, but I'm a little bit confused with the personal statement. Do I have to mention all the 4 subjects (Politics, Psychology, Law, and Economics) or I just have to specify 1 or 2 subjects in my essay? Because I really know nothing about Psychology and Economics and it's truly difficult to write about them.
ChiragK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hyd)
Hi everyone, I'm currently applying for PPLE, but I'm a little bit confused with the personal statement. Do I have to mention all the 4 subjects (Politics, Psychology, Law, and Economics) or I just have to specify 1 or 2 subjects in my essay? Because I really know nothing about Psychology and Economics and it's truly difficult to write about them.
Just clearly follow the guidelines on the website, they're enough to fill up the 500 words. Also mention a few books you've read and pertinent extracurricular work (like MUNs). This is just what I did, so take it with a pinch of salt. All the best!
Lilouvo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hyd)
I think you should mention all four and how they are linked to show you understand why the course consists of those particular disciplines, and I think its good to describe how the four subjects are important. If you dont know that much about psychology and economics you don't have to write about them in depth but just mention that they are important. good luck!
bernadette23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,I also applied to PPLE at the UvA and I was involved also in the second-round. Did you guys planing anything regarding housing in the Netherlands? Actually I am looking for a flatmate
ChiragK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone received a response yet?
topasloko
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you applied as an "early bird" you would have either received the essay topic you're meant to write about by the 17th (and finish it by the 20th) or you'd have received a rejection. I didn't apply as an early bird, but a friend of mine did and already received a rejection.
Last edited by topasloko; 1 year ago
jirr44
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by topasloko)
If you applied as an "early bird" you would have either received the essay topic you're meant to write about by the 17th (and finish it by the 20th) or you'd have received a rejection. I didn't apply as an early bird, but a friend of mine did and already received a rejection.
may I ask why they received a rejection?
bernadette23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi everyone I was envolved to participate at the third round of the admission which will be this week. Did anyone have already an interview?
jirr44
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by bernadette23)
Hi everyone I was envolved to participate at the third round of the admission which will be this week. Did anyone have already an interview?
Had mine today, was more of a conversation
pdesayshi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi! I'm not a PPLE applicant (Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology applicant) but I've not been able to find recent student forums. How are you guys planning on dealing with the housing issue?
(Btw I'm an EU student)
jirr44
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by pdesayshi)
Hi! I'm not a PPLE applicant (Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology applicant) but I've not been able to find recent student forums. How are you guys planning on dealing with the housing issue?
(Btw I'm an EU student)
As far as I understood us EU students should be eligible to sign up for UVA housing, right? If not, I guess try to find a roommate beforehand lol
iDiegoP
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi y'all!

I've just been given a conditional offer from UvA to be part of PPLE's class of 2023 ^^
I just wanted to share my happiness with y'all, and of course if anybody has a question regarding the admissions process, I am more than willing to help.
I will be majoring in Economics btw.
meksmeks_ee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hey y'all! Offer holder here for the class of 2023 but I haven't firmly accepted my offer yet (waiting for other unis and chose the 'accepting with doubts' option)

Planning to major in Politics
aleSR
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
To those that have been accepted for the 2020 intake, have any of you accepted your offers (with or without doubts)?
kxatee
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by aleSR)
To those that have been accepted for the 2020 intake, have any of you accepted your offers (with or without doubts)?
I've accepted my offer but with doubts as I'm still choosing between PPLE and LUC at Leiden University. I think I'll wait until midway through April to make my final decision How about you? I know they want students to commit pretty quickly as housing options are sort of 'first come first serve', but I guess I'd rather take my time choosing the right path for me.
topasloko
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by kxatee)
I've accepted my offer but with doubts as I'm still choosing between PPLE and LUC at Leiden University. I think I'll wait until midway through April to make my final decision How about you? I know they want students to commit pretty quickly as housing options are sort of 'first come first serve', but I guess I'd rather take my time choosing the right path for me.
I mean what are you waiting for? Are you looking at any other factors on uni selection which might change until mid-April? Cuz otherwise maybe making a table with the pros and cons of each right now and then choosing so you can secure possibly better housing seems like a better option.

I was also applying to PPLE and LUC btw, as well as an Italian uni called Bocconi. Since I got into Bocconi I decide (after answering all 11 questions LUC gave me :/) not to apply to LUC cuz I know I wouldn't go there over Bocconi anyways. As for PPLE, I didn't apply as an early bird so I received an e-mail yesterday telling me I got into the essay phase! They said we'll receive the essay prompt tmrw. If I get accepted I'll then have to choose between PPLE and Bocconi. But if you don't mind me asking, what made you unsure between the two courses? Cuz for me PPLE just sounds so much more appealing.
shanzaesaghir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi!!! I've applied too, and got through to the essay round. Anybody who has already received an offer, can you tell me how you wrote your financial and study plan?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads