The Student Room Group

Swansea Uni Nursing 2020

Scroll to see replies

I haven’t had offer personally for Swansea but friend of mine has for adult branch. However iv had offers for USW adult branch.
Reply 61
Original post by Nurse242923
I haven’t had offer personally for Swansea but friend of mine has for adult branch. However iv had offers for USW adult branch.

Do you know if that’s for September or March 2020?

I know offers for this March have been going out recently
For September 2020
Original post by _Honeybee_
What branch of nursing and when do you start? Who did you speak to when you phoned. I was just told to keep checking my emails and ucas x

Good luck with your nursing application!....... Fingers crossed you find out soon, let us know how you get on :-)

Kelly
Hey guys 👋 I’ve got an interview for the 1st March with Swansea uni.

Does anyone have any tips/advice for the individual task please?
Reply 65
Anyone had an offer for Child nursing?? X
No, nothing yet. :-)
Reply 67
Original post by Kjam4870

It's really simple and it went by sooo quick. It was a bit of role play, they give you a scenario where the actor needs help. I think they just want to see how you respond to it and how you'd go about helping them (the actor).
Reply 68
Original post by e.hayward
No, nothing yet. :-)

Glad I’m not the only one! I emailed them & they said early March we shall know x
Oh right okay. That isn't too far away :-)
Original post by Nurse242923
When did you have your interview hol?

My interview was on the December 13th x
Original post by username5080770
What branch of nursing and when do you start? Who did you speak to when you phoned. I was just told to keep checking my emails and ucas x

Mental Health nursing in September. The lady I needed to speak to was out of office so I left a voicemail asking her to get back to me and I few hours later I had an offer x
Reply 72
Does anyone know after confirming an offer on UCAS to start in March 2020. When we will get info sent to us on what we need to complete before starting the course (medical,dbs, start date, funding)
Will we receive an email or letter through the post? :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kjam4870

Good Luck with your interview at Swansea Uni!
Original post by alys94
Does anyone know after confirming an offer on UCAS to start in March 2020. When we will get info sent to us on what we need to complete before starting the course (medical,dbs, start date, funding)
Will we receive an email or letter through the post? :smile:

I had the dbs and occupational health form sent to me by email a few days after it was confirmed I could start in March 2020. And I have been told start date is March 9th. Not heard anything else yet but it was only last week it was confirmed. What branch are you doing?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by _salaan
It's really simple and it went by sooo quick. It was a bit of role play, they give you a scenario where the actor needs help. I think they just want to see how you respond to it and how you'd go about helping them (the actor).

That’s fab thank you. Was really worried about that element of the interview
Reply 76
Original post by Adelethompson
I had the dbs and occupational health form sent to me by email a few days after it was confirmed I could start in March 2020. And I have been told start date is March 9th. Not heard anything else yet but it was only last week it was confirmed. What branch are you doing?

Ok thank you :smile: I’m going to be doing adult nursing. Have you applied for bursary or student finance already?
Original post by alys94
Ok thank you :smile: I’m going to be doing adult nursing. Have you applied for bursary or student finance already?

No I haven’t applied for anything yet. I’m not sure when we are meant to though 🤔
Original post by alys94

Hi guys. I start on March 9th too! You apply for student finance on student finance wales. It can take up to 6 weeks to go through but I think it can go through really quickly. You need to rint off the forms at the end and get someone to confirm that you are who you say you are. Can be anyone who knows you apart from a relative. Then that needs to be sent off. (I'm assuming you are welsh, if not I'm not sure how its done sorry)
Original post by alys94

Hi again, I was in touch with admission tutor today and he said to apply for bursary/finance now. So I’m assuming you can do the same?

Quick Reply

Latest