Can a transgender woman be a lesbian?

Watch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can a man who transitioned to a woman still love women?
IWTJOMB
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, Sexuality & Gender have nothing to do with each other. What you have doesn't affect who you want to go with
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I dont see any reason why not.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yes
ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, just because you transition to your desired gender doesn't mean you change your sexuality. They are two separate things.
For example, a biological man (who is attracted to females) transitions into a female, they will always still love females, NOT males. Or another example, where a biological female (who is bisexual) transitions into a male, they would still be bisexual.
Last edited by ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ; 1 year ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 12115)
Can a man who transitioned to a woman still love women?
So does that mean that you were originally a lesbian? I don't understand.
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
So does that mean that you were originally a lesbian - even before it was lopped off? I don't understand.
You killed the thread.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
You killed the thread.
:erm: sorry.... It got all too confusing for me....
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
So does that mean that you were originally a lesbian - even before it was lopped off? I don't understand.
The person could be considered lesbian even before transitioning through surgery, yeah - depending on your view on what a transgender person really is. They could be seen as a lesbian in a man's body. In the end it's for them to determine, though, not for us to label.

Other mtf people never use surgery to transition at all - they just present as female while still possessing male genitals. I don't have any problem thinking of them as lesbians (assuming they like women obviously).

Just a tip - if someone had had a body part removed for medical reasons, would you talk to them about having something ''lopped off''? And if not, why treat surgically transitioned transgender people differently? Seems tasteless and needlessly unpleasant.
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
fake news. I don't believe you can change your gender
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Who you want to go to bed as doesn't dictate who you want to go to bed with
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
The person could be considered lesbian even before transitioning through surgery, yeah - depending on your view on what a transgender person really is. They could be seen as a lesbian in a man's body. In the end it's for them to determine, though, not for us to label.

Other mtf people never use surgery to transition at all - they just present as female while still possessing male genitals. I don't have any problem thinking of them as lesbians (assuming they like women obviously).

Just a tip - if someone had had a body part removed for medical reasons, would you talk to them about having something ''lopped off''? And if not, why treat surgically transitioned transgender people differently? Seems tasteless and needlessly unpleasant.
It's also not removed at all, the existing tissue there is inverted to create the internal cavity of a woman's genitalia and what was the penis head becomes the clitoris
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
It's also not removed at all, the existing tissue there is inverted to create the internal cavity of a woman's genitalia and what was the penis head becomes the clitoris
Huh okay now I know.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I would. So the analysis can stop there.

Seems tasteless and needlessly unpleasant.
Bit overdramatic. It's quite a common term for having something surgically removed: you don't need to go full-on Snowflake about it.
Last edited by Reality Check; 1 year ago
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
boomers and myself have more money than you ever will.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
boomers and myself have more money than you ever will.
are you quite alright...wtf does this have to do with transgender women?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A Rolling Stone is saving up enough money to get the op in Bangkok.
:rofl:
Mike172
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Apparently being scientific and factual is reason enough to have your post deleted.

What a mad world we live in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise