1st so far, but heading for a 2:2 in final year

Watch
Racresmol
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey,

Long story short: I'm in my final (5th) year of biochem, have lost all motivation, and my grades are going to be much worse than ever before.

I really don't know what to do and feel quite trapped, bc I don't want to work in anything biochem-related or do a PhD and, with the grades I'm getting this year, I'll struggle to find any decent job or grad scheme in business, law or any other sectors that take people without a relevant degree.
My grades before have been very good, equivalent to a first class throughout the degree, but my final degree classification is gonna be 2:2 or maybe 2:1. I have a very short window now where I can apply relying on predicted grades, but I'm not completely sure what I want to do. It's a lot of pressure on top of classes and dissertation project and I feel like I don't have enough motivation, focus nor experience to get into anything at the moment.

It looks to me like it's only going to get worse and I don't know how (if) I can get out of this situation.
Any help or advice appreciated 🙏🏼
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Racresmol)
Hey,

Long story short: I'm in my final (5th) year of biochem, have lost all motivation, and my grades are going to be much worse than ever before.

I really don't know what to do and feel quite trapped, bc I don't want to work in anything biochem-related or do a PhD and, with the grades I'm getting this year, I'll struggle to find any decent job or grad scheme in business, law or any other sectors that take people without a relevant degree.
My grades before have been very good, equivalent to a first class throughout the degree, but my final degree classification is gonna be 2:2 or maybe 2:1. I have a very short window now where I can apply relying on predicted grades, but I'm not completely sure what I want to do. It's a lot of pressure on top of classes and dissertation project and I feel like I don't have enough motivation, focus nor experience to get into anything at the moment.

It looks to me like it's only going to get worse and I don't know how (if) I can get out of this situation.
Any help or advice appreciated 🙏🏼
Well you have plenty of time this year, both exam windows and dissertation. Work hard and make sure you get at least a 2.1, get a 2.1 then worry about the career.
Racresmol
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by mnot)
Well you have plenty of time this year, both exam windows and dissertation. Work hard and make sure you get at least a 2.1, get a 2.1 then worry about the career.
My issue isn't so much with lack of time, but with inability to do coursework/exams to an appropriate standard because of a complete lack of motivation and lack of focus (partly due to anxiety I think) .
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Racresmol)
My issue isn't so much with lack of time, but with inability to do coursework/exams to an appropriate standard because of a complete lack of motivation and lack of focus (partly due to anxiety I think) .
No one else is gunna motivate you, you have been at uni for 4+ years, its the final push.

My advice is suck it up & get into a routine, only you can make it happen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (229)
43.95%

Watched Threads