localmemelord
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im currently doing physics, chem and maths for a levels
these are the unis im thinking about choosing for the five:
Imperial, UCL, Kings, durham, birmingham.
i was wondering if anyone has a good physics university for me to look into and potentially attend.
PL1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by localmemelord)
im currently doing physics, chem and maths for a levels
these are the unis im thinking about choosing for the five:
Imperial, UCL, Kings, durham, birmingham.
i was wondering if anyone has a good physics university for me to look into and potentially attend.
I was in the same position as you and had trouble deciding.
Looking at the course structure helped me decide for my choices so that’s a good place to start. In addition to your list, maybe consider Manchester, they’ve got quite a good reputation. Manchester also offer a tonne of options so you can really study whatever you want. Your list covers many of the “high ranking” physics programmes but maybe you might want to look at Nottingham, UCL or St Andrews.
Finally, the area can make a difference too. Pick a university which you want to go to.
Hope it helped
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good range of unis I think. If you go to Imperial, bear in mind that although they cover further maths content at the start and it's not a required A-level, they still cover it pretty quickly.
Southampton was my insurance for physics, it's got a nice range of different physics degrees you can take. Nice campus, accommodation not too pricey plus with the entry requirements being AAB/AAA it's a good choice for a backup.
localmemelord
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PL1234)
I was in the same position as you and had trouble deciding.
Looking at the course structure helped me decide for my choices so that’s a good place to start. In addition to your list, maybe consider Manchester, they’ve got quite a good reputation. Manchester also offer a tonne of options so you can really study whatever you want. Your list covers many of the “high ranking” physics programmes but maybe you might want to look at Nottingham, UCL or St Andrews.
Finally, the area can make a difference too. Pick a university which you want to go to.
Hope it helped
thank you, i just looked into manchester and the grades are very high and i will consider it. the course structure doesn't seem different to the other top unis. is there any other info i need when choosing a uni?
PL1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by localmemelord)
thank you, i just looked into manchester and the grades are very high and i will consider it. the course structure doesn't seem different to the other top unis. is there any other info i need when choosing a uni?
If you’re interested in year abroad or placement years that can help you pick too because they’ll vary between each university. It also what you want from uni because each city will have different vibe and experience. So if you’re struggling to decide think maybe pick the uni through its city or ambience. So think about visiting maybe or reading the forums of particular unis to see what they’re like and deciding from there.
I struggled to decide and I basically picked a random 5th choice because I couldn’t choose. I know Someone who put the same uni twice because he couldn’t decide on a 5th choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.57%
1 (99)
12.68%
2 (99)
12.68%
18.69%
22.79%
19.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed