I got all 7-9's at GCSE. Ask me anything!

Watch
mistyflora
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay I don't mean for the title to seem like I'm a show off but I just want to help lol
Zoqua
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mistyflora)
Okay I don't mean for the title to seem like I'm a show off but I just want to help lol
I also got all 7-9s at GCSE (although I was disappointed as I was aiming for all 9s). What grades did you get? What A levels are you studying? What do you want to do in the future?
Levi.-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
mistyflora
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zoqua)
I also got all 7-9s at GCSE (although I was disappointed as I was aiming for all 9s). What grades did you get? What A levels are you studying? What do you want to do in the future?
I got 4 9's in Geography, Biology, RE and English literature (never had a 9 in RE or English before), then 8's in Chemistry, Physics, Art and English Language and finally 7's in Maths and German. I'm in Year 12 and currently doing Biology, Geography and Physics at A-level. To be fair, I'm not sure what I want to do in the future, I think I want to go to university and do something to do with geography (probably environment based) but I'm also interested in space but I don't do maths so it would be hard to go to uni for physics. What about you?
Ineedtostudy4002
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did u revise maths and English literature? Any resources I'm really struggling also what we're ur mock results like
mistyflora
Rep:
?
(Original post by basedmoonman)
9777777?
Levi.-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ineedtostudy4002)
How did u revise maths and English literature? Any resources I'm really struggling also what we're ur mock results like
I didn't do anything for maths and got an 8, if you do loads of practice questions you can easily get to a 9 i reckon, english literature I got an 8 in mocks and a 9 in the real thing, I didn't read any of the books myself but used Seneca to memorise key themes and PEE points.
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got 4 9's in Geography, Biology, RE and English literature (never had a 9 in RE or English before), then 8's in Chemistry, Physics, Art and English Language and finally 7's in Maths and German. I'm in Year 12 and currently doing Biology, Geography and Physics at A-level. To be fair, I'm not sure what I want to do in the future, I think I want to go to university and do something to do with geography (probably environment based) but I'm also interested in space but I don't do maths so it would be hard to go to uni for physics. What about you?
I got 6 9s (Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, History), 1 8 (English Literature, I was 2 marks off a 9 as well), 2 7s (English Language which I totally messed up in, and French because I sucked at it), and an A in Addmaths (Which was actually my best exam, I got 98%). I'm studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics & Economics at A level (aiming for 4 A*s), alongside an EPQ, and want to do Economics at university (probably Cambridge or LSE). Good luck with your future ambitions
Levi.-
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
I got 6 9s (Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, History), 1 8 (English Literature, I was 2 marks off a 9 as well), 2 7s (English Language which I totally messed up in, and French because I sucked at it), and an A in Addmaths (Which was actually my best exam, I got 98%). I'm studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics & Economics at A level (aiming for 4 A*s), alongside an EPQ, and want to do Economics at university (probably Cambridge or LSE). Good luck with your future ambitions
It's a shame admaths isn't a GCSE qualification but further maths is, atleast you get it on your UCAS application and it looks like an extra thing you did to show you like maths, good luck
mistyflora
Rep:
?
How did u revise maths and English literature? Any resources I'm really struggling also what we're ur mock results
My year 10 mocks were mostly 5 - 7's I think and year 11 mocks were 6 - 8's (with one 9 in biology). For maths I did practise questions and papers and marked them myself and made sure I understood how to do things by using the CGP book. For English Literature I looked at the mark scheme for my exam board to see what they wanted to get top marks, and wrote down some key quotes that I could use to analyse with most themes that could come up but made sure they were more unusual/obscure ones. The night before the exam I watched some Mr Bruff videos on youtube so I knew the exam technique.

I just want to add that mock results don't mean the world, there's plenty of time to change and it's better to make mistakes earlier than in the actual exam!
Last edited by mistyflora; 1 year ago
mistyflora
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zoqua)
That's so good! You too
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm not the OP (but I also got all 7's-9's at GCSE). I got the highest in my school in Maths (225/240, 9), mainly by answering lots of practice questions on websites like mathsmadeeasy & revisely, and I also used the AQA CGP 8-9 targeted workbook to practice the harder questions, as well as a ton of past papers. I didn't do as well as I wanted to in English Literature (2 marks off a 9), but I mainly revised it by learning quotes and just practicing writing essays and learning core themes.

My mock results were actually better than my GCSEs (I got 7 9s, 1 8 and 1 7), but my predicted grades were 4 9s (Maths & Sciences), 8s in English and humanities, and 7 in French (because those departments refused to predict 9s because my school was weird). Generally if you want lots of 9s at GCSE you should be getting lots of 8s if not 9s in the mocks (but of course this doesn't always apply). Good luck
riyhan.ali
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what did you write about the hartop english language paper q 1 to 4 tell me everything
20th Century prose-fiction
The Mill by H E Bates
An extract from the beginning of a short story, published in 1935.
Last edited by riyhan.ali; 1 year ago
dyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did you get an 8 IN ART that's literally like the most time consuming + difficult subject?!!!
lucyymo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
hey could you give me geography advice?? its the subject i struggle wit the most, especially timing and exam technique. what exam board did you use? thanks !
hafsahhafsah
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How has the writer structured the text to interest you as a reader? its on hartops family what do i write please help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (789)
42.06%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (372)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.48%

Watched Threads