Year 11 Mocks 2019 - Answers for tests

Watch
Helpmeget9s
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I'm in Year 11 doing my mock exams and the exams i've got coming up are the papers from last years GCSE. I don't really wanna flop these exams so if you guys have any answers for the papers from 2019 feel free to share them here, as well as any topics that come up. My exam board is mainly Edexcel btw
username4393784
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in Year 11 too and let me tell you, year 11 to year 11, YOU DON'T WANT ANY PRECONCEPTIONS OR ANSWERS. Honestly, what will absolutely help you do well in the final exams is to not cheat now so you are practised and have rehearsed a million times. Who cares if you got a 9 in your mocks because you cheated (just an example, not a personal attack) - do yourself a favour and practice NOW.
Helpmeget9s
Rep:
?
This is some helpful life advice, but trust me, i am one lazy son of a bitc* when it comes to revision
\^_^/
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well our school made them all so....
Helpmeget9s
Rep:
?
(Original post by 000_0000)
well our school made them all so....
eek sucks to be you
hw8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Getting good mock grades ( because you knew the questions already ) will make you feel really good about yourself. Until it comes to results day in August and you're devastated that you did worse than you were expecting because you cheated yourself for your mock grades. Don't do it. Get some good solid revision in early.

If you have any productive questions about GCSE's, feel free to message me. I took mine June/July 2019.
mreji04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hw8)
Getting good mock grades ( because you knew the questions already ) will make you feel really good about yourself. Until it comes to results day in August and you're devastated that you did worse than you were expecting because you cheated yourself for your mock grades. Don't do it. Get some good solid revision in early.

If you have any productive questions about GCSE's, feel free to message me. I took mine June/July 2019.
Although I agree with most of this, idk. I'm sure if someone cheats on a test, they know the consequences of their actions. Like if you cheat, I'm sure you know you're not suddenly gonna be smart just because you have a 9 on your report. Ygm :')
hw8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mreji04)
Although I agree with most of this, idk. I'm sure if someone cheats on a test, they know the consequences of their actions. Like if you cheat, I'm sure you know you're not suddenly gonna be smart just because you have a 9 on your report. Ygm :')
By doing this, all you are doing is setting yourself up with a false sense of security. Trust me, some solid revision now, before Christmas, will provide a solid base to start revising from in Feb / March when you start gearing up your revision for the real exams.
mreji04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hw8)
By doing this, all you are doing is setting yourself up with a false sense of security. Trust me, some solid revision now, before Christmas, will provide a solid base to start revising from in Feb / March when you start gearing up your revision for the real exams.
Yeah I've heard lots of people say start early or you won't have time. And eventhough I'm fully aware of this, I'm unfortunately one of those cancers of humanity who can't sit still and revise for more than idk 2-3 hours on weekends let alone weekdays. I have an English and RE exam on Monday and I'm planning to wing RE and stuff everything into my head about Mr Birling and Eva Smith+all the poem bs tomorrow. This is gonna be awesome.
Helpmeget9s
Rep:
?
Having read this thread now i wish i had put some more effort in before these mocks. It's too late now but i will try my best to revise for the real thing
mreji04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Helpmeget9s)
Having read this thread now i wish i had put some more effort in before these mocks. It's too late now but i will try my best to revise for the real thing
Everyone has different methods of studying, Don't stress yourself too much over it. There's a good level of stress and there's counterproductive stress. For now, just look over things you found hard in the mocks. Good luck<3 we're on the same boat :')
Last edited by mreji04; 1 year ago
eagertolearn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone know what paper (Edexcel) will be set for Feb Mocks?
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you are wanting some practice questions there’s a company atm raising money for an expedition to help charities in s america, who are sending out english lit/lang papers gcse and they are being marked by real gcse aqa english markers, and with that are given back detailed feedback on how to improve, i did it this time last year and it got me from grade 6 to full marks in the real exam for paper 2 lit ) thought this may be a help for revision
Helpmeget9s
Rep:
?
(Original post by azby1098)
if you are wanting some practice questions there’s a company atm raising money for an expedition to help charities in s america, who are sending out english lit/lang papers gcse and they are being marked by real gcse aqa english markers, and with that are given back detailed feedback on how to improve, i did it this time last year and it got me from grade 6 to full marks in the real exam for paper 2 lit ) thought this may be a help for revision
Hi, do you know where I can find these questions?
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Helpmeget9s)
Hi, do you know where I can find these questions?
you can email [email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.79%
Uncertainty around my education (85)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.63%
Lack of purpose or motivation (95)
12.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.25%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.65%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.77%
Financial worries (50)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.31%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.23%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.56%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.67%

Watched Threads