How many devices for Netflix?

Watch
Elzon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
When they say you can use up to 6 devices... is that at the same time or just in total?

My friend shared their account with me and I want to sign into my phone, laptop and console to alternate between and not use at the same time.

Is it possible to sign into more than 6 devices but only use 2-6 simultaneously or is it that once you sign into 6 devices, you can’t sign into any more?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I think you can use up to 3 at the same time but not sure
AfricanDream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Elzon)
When they say you can use up to 6 devices... is that at the same time or just in total?

My friend shared their account with me and I want to sign into my phone, laptop and console to alternate between and not use at the same time.

Is it possible to sign into more than 6 devices but only use 2-6 simultaneously or is it that once you sign into 6 devices, you can’t sign into any more?
Netflix Streaming Plans
Netflix offers three streaming plans to meet your needs. The plan you choose will determine the number of devices you can stream Netflix on at the same time. No matter which plan you choose, you can install the Netflix app on as many devices as you want, and enjoy as many TV shows and movies as you want, anytime, anywhere.

Our Basic Plan lets you stream TV shows and movies from Netflix on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). This plan also lets you download titles to one phone or tablet.

Our Standard Plan lets you stream TV shows and movies from Netflix on two devices at the same time and in high definition (HD) when available. This plan also lets you download titles to two phones or tablets.

Our Premium Plan lets you stream TV shows and movies from Netflix on four devices at the same time and in high definition (HD) and ultra high definition (UHD) when available. This plan also lets you download titles to four phones or tablets.

View our current plan pricing and choose the plan that's right for you. If you are already a member, you can change or upgrade your plan anytime from the Plan Details section of your Account page.

Found this on Netflix website, hope this answers your question. Basically how many devices you can stream on simultaneously depends on which plan you have chosen.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It's at the same time. You might want to use your account on multiple pc's and tablets/phones so they can't make you ID just 3 or 4 devices.

I think they are going to make a change to reduce account sharing though but maybe they scrapped the idea. I share my account with 2/3 people and I think we use at least 6 devices between us.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads