Laid back during the academic year and cramming during exams Watch

bsb2392
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am in my last year of school, and one thing I have noticed about me is that I'm laid back during the academic year and always get C's on my tests, but when it comes to exam time I study like crazy and I get A's and B's, which surprises a lot of my teachers.
This year I have failed 2 maths tests and 1 biology test, and I am kinda realising that I need to work during the year.
How do I keep on top of everything?
I am very addicted to my phone and after school I like to come home sleep, stay on my phone and procrastinate.
Any tips will be helpful.

Christiantaylor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bsb2392)
I am in my last year of school, and one thing I have noticed about me is that I'm laid back during the academic year and always get C's on my tests, but when it comes to exam time I study like crazy and I get A's and B's, which surprises a lot of my teachers.
This year I have failed 2 maths tests and 1 biology test, and I am kinda realising that I need to work during the year.
How do I keep on top of everything?
I am very addicted to my phone and after school I like to come home sleep, stay on my phone and procrastinate.
Any tips will be helpful.
When it comes to studying, Just. Do. It.
Try to find out some learning techniques that work when revising, and keep doing them. That's all really. Only thing to notice is that when you put in a prolonged effort during the year you might cram less around exam time, because you don't wanna since you're already revising- but also because you know the subjects better since you learned more and more frequently.
LimeElephant
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Think about how it is going to affect your future if you dont study and get good grades but also reward yourself with breaks. If you study first then go on your phone then you can relax and do well at the same time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?