Is income tax illegal?

Watch
Megto
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
The United Nations ICESR Human Rights Treaty states that everyone has the right to earn a living. If you're earning the average salary, you're paying 20% tax. This means that for 2.4 months of work a year, you are earning nothing. Surely this must be a violation of the human right? IMO everyone working at HMRC should be in prison.
Last edited by Megto; 1 year ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Megto)
The United Nations ICESR Human Rights Treaty states that everyone has the right to earn a living. If you're earning the average salary, you're paying 20% tax. This means that for 2.4 months of work a year, you are earning nothing. This must be a violation of the human right. In my opinion everyone working at HMRC should be in prison.
You seem rather challenged.
You are takes on a paye basis, so there is no month where you are 100% taxed which undermines your attempt at an explanation. It does not prevent you earning a living.
Megtoo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You seem rather challenged.
You are takes on a paye basis, so there is no month where you are 100% taxed which undermines your attempt at an explanation. It does not prevent you earning a living.
People taxed at 20% have 2.4 months worth of work taken away from them i.e. they are not earning for 2.4 months of work dumb dumb.
Last edited by Megtoo; 1 year ago
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Megto)
The United Nations ICESR Human Rights Treaty states that everyone has the right to earn a living. If you're earning the average salary, you're paying 20% tax. This means that for 2.4 months of work a year, you are earning nothing. Surely this must be a violation of the human right? IMO everyone working at HMRC should be in prison.
Your maths is nonsensical. How did you achieve your 2.4 month claim?
999tigger
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Megtoo)
People taxed at 20% have 2.4 months worth of work taken away from them i.e. they are not earning for 2.4 months of work dumb dumb
Except they arent taxed all at once.
They live in a society where tax is accepted and from a government they vote in through laws.
If you dont like it go and live somewhere else.
If you dont like it stop using the services it pays for.
Megtoo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Your maths is nonsensical. How did you achieve your 2.4 month claim?
Sigh.

If I work for 12 months, 20% of what I earn is taken away for income tax (illegally imo).

20% of 12 is 2.4.

So for 2.4 months worth of work my earnings go to the HMRC gangsters.
Last edited by Megtoo; 1 year ago
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sigh.

If I work for 12 months, 20% of what I earn is taken away for income tax (illegally imo).

20% of 12 is 2.4.

No it's not.

Have you forgotten about the personal allowance?
SteveyStack
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your logic is unbelievably flawed as your taxes go to giving you services such as roads, healthcare ect
username1799249
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sigh.

20% of 12 is 2.4.

This is still wrong. You can currently earn £12,500 before tax kicks in. You also neglected to take into accout National Insurance.

An average salary of £28677ish pays £5600ish which is around 2 months gross pay.

But you are forgetting that for that money, you got free education, you get free healthcare, behefit from a road infrastructure, libraries, university, worldwide travel, freedom of expression, liberty, safety and a justice system that holds all to account. You couldn't buy all that for less than £5k a year.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.62%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.57%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.23%
I need help with my personal statement (89)
41.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.41%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.88%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.51%

Watched Threads