The Student Room Group

english lit macbeth

when answering the 30 mark question can we disagree with the statement as well? or show other points to the statement, for example, can I say that lady Macbeth is not ambitious gradually in the text even if the question says "how far do you think Shakespeare presents lady Macbeth as an ambitious woman with influence over her husband" i hope this makes sense? lol
Yes definitely. My teacher suggested doing one or two paragraph on agreeing with the statement, saying how lady Macbeth emasculates her husband, and subverts Gender norms of the Jacobean audience, for example, and then maybe another on how in it ultimately Macbeth’s ambition that causes his downfall. You can definitely do agree and disagree for the statement, in a way in makes the essay a higher level because you use a wider range of analysis/POV’s

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by LG1234567
Yes definitely. My teacher suggested doing one or two paragraph on agreeing with the statement, saying how lady Macbeth emasculates her husband, and subverts Gender norms of the Jacobean audience, for example, and then maybe another on how in it ultimately Macbeth’s ambition that causes his downfall. You can definitely do agree and disagree for the statement, in a way in makes the essay a higher level because you use a wider range of analysis/POV’s

Hope this helps!

thankyou so much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending