The Student Room Group

Latin

What is the best way to study Latin nouns?
i have never learnt latin, so i wouldn’t know, but i’m pretty sure duolingo probably teaches a latin course. or, see if quizzlet has any flashcard sets for latin nouns, i learn spanish & it’s a good resource that i use, especially if you know what words you need to learn because you can make your own flashcards with the set of words on. both are free.
hope this helps :smile:
Original post by ConyDaPony

Make Quizlets- this is what I did throughout the duration of my Latin course. There are also plenty of ready-made sets.
The flashcards should be simple and concise (and organise them in terms of their topics)
Eg. 'Hortus' and on the other side you write the meaning 'garden' (or add a picture if that helps you remember better, as I was studying more languages at the same time it helped me remember the vocab easier)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ellaswords
i have never learnt latin, so i wouldn’t know, but i’m pretty sure duolingo probably teaches a latin course. or, see if quizzlet has any flashcard sets for latin nouns, i learn spanish & it’s a good resource that i use, especially if you know what words you need to learn because you can make your own flashcards with the set of words on. both are free.
hope this helps :smile:

Thanks
Try and see if you can think of an English word which comes from that word e.g with the word "hortus" that the other poster said, we get the word "horticulture" so hopefully that will lead you on to its meaning - garden. "album" means white, which is where we get the word albumen for egg white. there are many examples of these.
Original post by ConyDaPony

It depends on what words you need to know. There are loads of Latin sets on quizlet but unfortunately, there is no duolingo course for Latin. Are you doing GCSE Latin? A-Level? IB? University Course? Private study? If you can't find a set with all the words you need to know, make your own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending