shri.m23
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
yoooo just wanted to talk to any other applicants for law at lse to see what kinds of stats they’re expecting etc? idk if there’s already a page for this but i couldn’t find one so ah well 😂

i’ll introduce myself first:

Name: Shri
Predicted: A*A*A* in A Level Maths, Spanish and Product Design
Also applied to: Oxford, UCL, Birmingham and Newcastle

eek! hope ppl reply 😊
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh they will...

It just happens that discussion about LSE (and UCL) admissions starts way after the discussion for every other university, and finishes later
shri.m23
Rep:
?
(Original post by J Papi)
Oh they will...

It just happens that discussion about LSE (and UCL) admissions starts way after the discussion for every other university, and finishes later
i realised, but i’ve seen quite a few ppl that have started to receive offers that’s all so that’s why i was wondering
my_man_123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I expect to wait ages for LSE especially considered people who have received offers so far are international, same with KCL and most of UCL offers.

I was told in the other thread that LSE said they would start sending law offers from Mid November and then more every week.

Predicted: A*A*A in A Level Politics, History, and English Lit
Also applied to: Oxford(Interview from Worcester), UCL, KCL, Nottingham (AAA Offer)

LSE tends to have an offer rate of 15-20% which is quite similar to that of Oxford, so that worries me. They consider the personal statement highly along with requesting a high LNAT MCQ score from what I have seen in FOIs.
roadtollb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
does anyone have a link to a google doc for law offers in general? x
jeannesemple
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has anyone heard back from LSE (or any of the other unis I have applied to)? I really hope to get an offer from LSE, especially if Oxford doesn't work out.

Predicted: 43 points in the IB (HL: History - 7, English lang lit - 7, Economics - 7. SL: Maths- 6, Bio - 6, Spanish - 7 TOK- A, EE - A)

Applied to: Oxford (interview at Wadham), LSE, KCL, Bristol, Manchester (offer: 36,666)

I'm also lowkey stressed about how I did on my LNAT because I felt that I did terribly and LSE doesn't even look at the essay.
DylanArlo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello!

I’m predicted A*A*A in Psychology, English Lit and Drama, and I’ve applied for PPL @ KCL, and then Law at KCL, LSE, UCL and Westminster (unconditional).

I’m really hoping for an offer !! It’s so nerve wracking seeing all these people getting offers or being rejected !!

Hope you all get offers
Booeka
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Heyy
Ive applied to LSE on the 5th if october.
Other unis: Oxford, Bristol, UCL, KCL (only applied to the last two on december 5th).
Got rejected from oxford pre-interview so that worries me lots. Feel like i must have done bad on LNATs. Got accepted by bristol though.
So scared.
Would absolutely loveeeeee to get into LSE it seems so amazing.
Really wanna get in.
Booeka
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh and im predicted 3A*
Gcse: 1A* 7 A s (not great soooo )
shri.m23
Rep:
?
(Original post by DylanArlo)
Hello!

I’m predicted A*A*A in Psychology, English Lit and Drama, and I’ve applied for PPL @ KCL, and then Law at KCL, LSE, UCL and Westminster (unconditional).

I’m really hoping for an offer !! It’s so nerve wracking seeing all these people getting offers or being rejected !!

Hope you all get offers
heyy- well done on your unconditional!! i know it’s really scary i hate the wait hahaha
shri.m23
Rep:
?
(Original post by Booeka)
Heyy
Ive applied to LSE on the 5th if october.
Other unis: Oxford, Bristol, UCL, KCL (only applied to the last two on december 5th).
Got rejected from oxford pre-interview so that worries me lots. Feel like i must have done bad on LNATs. Got accepted by bristol though.
So scared.
Would absolutely loveeeeee to get into LSE it seems so amazing.
Really wanna get in.
i got rejected from ox as well, i think my essay went worse than i’d have liked so i’m worried about my chances at ucl. i really wanna go to lse too so dw i can relate 😂

don’t stress about your gcses! you did really well, plus your predicted grades are sick and they’ll view your application as a whole holistically and it seems strong to me
shri.m23
Rep:
?
(Original post by roadtollb)
does anyone have a link to a google doc for law offers in general? x
yes i made one

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ku5rj2sHK0lQx8
Booeka
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by shri.m23)
i got rejected from ox as well, i think my essay went worse than i’d have liked so i’m worried about my chances at ucl. i really wanna go to lse too so dw i can relate 😂

don’t stress about your gcses! you did really well, plus your predicted grades are sick and they’ll view your application as a whole holistically and it seems strong to me
Hehe
to be honest I really don’t know which went worse for me. I don’t really know how they mark their essays, what they deem as good and all so I think for the essay section it’s hard to tell. So keep your hopes up! You probably have good chances of getting in.
the mcq... I did great in the books, but terrible on Arbitio so like... whatever 🤦🏻*♀️
At this point can’t do anything anymore 😂🤦🏻*♀️

Really? I felt like it was well not enough A* s and true!

where else are you applying to?
Booeka
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I had to send an LNAT complaint though. I was told unis would therefore need to make “allowances”. I hope that they will thus be a little more lenient.
Booeka
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
So I’ve heard LSE will probably send a batch of offers and rejections tomorrow. Is those true?
I’m so scared 😂😂
shri.m23
Rep:
?
Hehe
to be honest I really don’t know which went worse for me. I don’t really know how they mark their essays, what they deem as good and all so I think for the essay section it’s hard to tell. So keep your hopes up! You probably have good chances of getting in.
the mcq... I did great in the books, but terrible on Arbitio so like... whatever 🤦🏻*♀️
At this point can’t do anything anymore 😂🤦🏻*♀️

Really? I felt like it was well not enough A* s and true!

where else are you applying to?
oh god i did awwwwful on arbitio but well on the ones on the lnat website so i have no idea how my mcq’s went 😂 and fingers crossed hahaha we can’t do much else but hope for the best!

the number of A*’s you got at gcse doesn’t quantify how smart you are! and i’ve heard that lse place particular emphasis on the ps as well so don’t get bogged down by your gcses cos they’re good!

i’ve currently got offers from birmingham and newcastle, i’m waiting for lse and ucl and obvs the rejection from oxford but let’s not mention that 👀😂
Booeka
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
oh god i did awwwwful on arbitio but well on the ones on the lnat website so i have no idea how my mcq’s went 😂 and fingers crossed hahaha we can’t do much else but hope for the best!

the number of A*’s you got at gcse doesn’t quantify how smart you are! and i’ve heard that lse place particular emphasis on the ps as well so don’t get bogged down by your gcses cos they’re good!

i’ve currently got offers from birmingham and newcastle, i’m waiting for lse and ucl and obvs the rejection from oxford but let’s not mention that
I remember being so scared when I did the simulation 🤦🏻*♀️ I think I did mediocre in it because I was so stressed. Feel like I was more poised during the real thing cause I knew I would screw up wayyyyy to much if too stressed 🤦🏻*♀️🙈
indeed!

Well I hope our PS are good enough!
Yeah lets pretend that that didn’t happen 😋.
shri.m23
Rep:
?
I remember being so scared when I did the simulation 🤦🏻*♀️ I think I did mediocre in it because I was so stressed. Feel like I was more poised during the real thing cause I knew I would screw up wayyyyy to much if too stressed 🤦🏻*♀️🙈
indeed!

Well I hope our PS are good enough!
Yeah lets pretend that that didn’t happen 😋.
i totally get you - dw i’m sure it went better than you think hahaha i was on like 2 coffees for the real thing i was sat up straight the entire time but my leg wouldn’t stop shaking 😂

fingers crossed 😂
yup
Booeka
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i totally get you - dw i’m sure it went better than you think hahaha i was on like 2 coffees for the real thing i was sat up straight the entire time but my leg wouldn’t stop shaking 😂

fingers crossed 😂
yup
Awwww I’m sure yiu did great!
DylanArlo
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you !! Yeah it was a relief to know I’m going somewhere at least 😂

It’s so nerve wracking knowing that other people have offers as well!! Oh well, good luck to all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (525)
66.88%
No (260)
33.12%

Watched Threads