The Student Room Group

Can you still have a growth spurt after sixteen?

I’m a male who is sixteen and a half years of age. I’m 5’10. My mother is 5’5 and my father is 6’2. I’m quite under developed for my age. Very little body hair but my voice is deep. I just think this could be a possible indication that more growth is on its way? Is it still possible for me to have a grow spurt or is it basically over now?
Considering that you're 16, you probably have a lot more developing to do. Almost no 16 year old boy is fully developed, you're probably still going through puberty, which is different for everyone so even though you're tall and have a deep voice doesn't necessarily mean you've finished growing; most people keep developing until they're about 21. You're taller than average though if you're 5'10, and considering your dad is 6'2 you'll probably grow some more. If not, it's definitely not the end of the world and you're great the way you are! (:
I’d be more surprised if you had masses of body hair at 16. You could definitely have another growth spurt.
Reply 3
U are the average uk adult male height so don’t worry. Sure there are guys <5’5 who would love to be ur height since many guys (and girls) make a big deal out of a guys height sometimes :/

However at 16 u will probably grow a bit more to be above average if that’s what u are wanting.

I’m a 5’0-1 ft girl who would like to be a bit taller since sometimes I can’t reach stuff :frown: but it means I don’t really see guys below average height as being short, and guys ur height are already pretty tall to me when I’m not in heels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest