The Student Room Group

Does online dating work?

post removed
Give it a try if you want :smile:

Personally I think its crap :tongue:

Can't really beat hitting on checkout girls in Tesco, women in coffeeshops and just any attractive lady in the street or on public transport.
Reply 2
back in the day plentyoffish.com used to say that 49% of women left the site with a partner.

They REFUSED To disclose how many men left the site with a partner

Read between the lines there......
Give it a go.

Match, eharmony could prove well.

Plenty of fish is hit and miss.

Be prepared to keep going and keep going.
Reply 4
It sort of brings dating to the status of job or house hunting. And in my experience the occasional dates I had were awful, I've had more enjoyable interviews. I imagine it can work but it will probably take persistence and resilience. I would favour hobbies, voluntary work, friends of friends for finding romance opportunities.
Build some confidence to get a girlfriend believe me start talking to girls. If want sex there is a trick but it is a embrassing trick. By yawning you can make a girl on command. I did just have heard it.
Reply 6
Can it work? Yes.
Will it work for you? Zero guarantees.

Online dating skews expectations from people to the extent that 80% of all British men on OkCupid were rated as "below average" by women.
(edited 4 years ago)
maybe try and join some clubs, maybe get back into education and join the mature students society. Or meetup

Quick Reply

Latest