The Student Room Group

Medicine

Hello

I have just found out that I can sit the exams this year and use them next year.
I want to do medicine.
I am thinking of self studying for 5 highers now!
Is it too late or could it still be possible?
I don't need advanced highers because of extenuating circumstances.
You can apply next year.
But bare in mind that medicine will not give offers, when you aren't doing advanced highers.
Your circumstances don't matter, as for medicine they almost always give a conditional offer. So you will have to do advanced highers I am afraid.
Reply 2
No I don’t. I’ve phoned all the Scottish universities and asked some said no advanced highers for my situation, two said they did need it. I’m just asking is it possible to get 5as if I keep studying, bearing in mind I only started yesterday.
Original post by whatreally
No I don’t. I’ve phoned all the Scottish universities and asked some said no advanced highers for my situation, two said they did need it. I’m just asking is it possible to get 5as if I keep studying, bearing in mind I only started yesterday.

It is possible if you work very hard, but you also have to do assignments which need to be submitted to SQA
Original post by whatreally

Do you have a centre that can present you for the exams? What sort of grades do you have at Nat 5? Have you already submitted your UCAS application?

I wouldn't say anything when it comes to studying/grades is impossible, but I wouldn't be optimistic about someone starting 5 highers in near enough December and then getting 5 As in the May exams either :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending