Reasons why you CAN'T/DON'T WANT TO vote? Watch

RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi TSR!

So my A-Level Politics teacher has enlisted my help along with the other Politics students to encourage my sixth form to register to vote (sixth formers that are 18 can vote in the December election too). As a result, I have to go around with my peers and present the arguments for and against registering to vote.

Trouble is, I have to argue the side against registering to vote. (Disclaimer: my teacher effectively wants the other side to "win" in order to convince as many people as possible, but I have to present valid arguments so both sides are represented >.<)

I'm struggling to find solid arguments so I'm hoping you might be able to help. For those of you who can't register or don't want to: why?

Thanks in advance guys!
Razzz x

Spoiler:
Show

For those of you who are like "oh my gawsh Razzz has emerged from the darkness hellow": hi guys! I'm back from my "hiatus" and a proper explanation/catch up on my life will be coming soon on my blogs :lol: . Thanks for all the kind messages and support while I was away. :heart:
stressed0ut
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am registered, but I know some people in my year don’t feel they know enough to be able to confidently vote? And they’re struggling to find unbiased sources?? (ngl I don’t think they’re looking that hard but anyway)

Hope this helps slightly?
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by stressed0ut)
I am registered, but I know some people in my year don’t feel they know enough to be able to confidently vote? And they’re struggling to find unbiased sources?? (ngl I don’t think they’re looking that hard but anyway)

Hope this helps slightly?
Ahh it does! Thank you :hugs:
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i'm not old enough to vote but i know in my constituency it's always between two parties and i know that some people use that as an excuse not to vote as if they vote for a party that isn't one of the two big ones then their vote feels wasted as they people they vote for won't become our mp
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toastiekid)
i'm not old enough to vote but i know in my constituency it's always between two parties and i know that some people use that as an excuse not to vote as if they vote for a party that isn't one of the two big ones then their vote feels wasted as they people they vote for won't become our mp
Thanks Toastie :jumphug: x
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am going to try to vote, but, I have been warned that my postal vote (California) may not arrive in time. I don't find that acceptable, and could be spun as a reason not to try.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don't want to support any of the major parties, so probably won't be voting or will vote for some random party. Views don't align. No anti-establishment parties that have any chance of gaining significant representation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (320)
45.98%
No (77)
11.06%
I'm not old enough (299)
42.96%

Watched Threads