The Student Room Group

Boy Confusion

Right so, I moved to a new sixth form and had an induction day sometime in July. I met this other guy who was new and we instantly clicked, or at least I thought. We were in drama together and believe me I’m usually reallyyyy shy around new people, but I somehow found the courage to walk up to him and we just had a long convo about our interests and previous school, etc. We exchanged phone numbers and it was going well, until over summer we met up and it wasn’t an official date or anything, but thanks to my social anxiety my leg kept shaking like crazy while we were waiting in line and I’m guessing he noticed. Things got less awkward when we went for a meal after and we got to know each other a lot more, but then he didn’t text for 3 days and tbh I pestered him and texted after 3 days saying I had a nice time. After we met up he said “thanks that was great, we should meet up again”, but as you can probably guess, we never did. Anyway, then year 12 started, we were friends for about 2 weeks, but I think we both still felt awkward about the summer. Then all of a sudden he made new friends and became super popular, and for 3 months I’ve just been walking around alone. Trust me, I didn’t let it stop me from trying to make new friends, but everyone seems really close to him now and I feel too awkward to speak to them. Drama is the worst because one guy seems to always make digs at me and tbh in this whole situation I don’t feel as though I did anything wrong. I tried to make friends with someone else who was new, told him some pretty personal things, like about my mum’s illness, and spent a lot of time caring for him, and I can’t help but feel like it was all for nothing. Sorry I just needed to rant, not hate please aha.
Sometimes ranting helps. I guess have you tried talking to him after he became popular and stuff did you guys keep in touch?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous 132
Sometimes ranting helps. I guess have you tried talking to him after he became popular and stuff did you guys keep in touch?

Thanks. I guess I got the message that he didn’t like hanging out with me and I stopped texting after that.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks. I guess I got the message that he didn’t like hanging out with me and I stopped texting after that.

I mean it's kind of strange because he did say he enjoyed himself and you guys should meet up again.
Reply 4
I mean it's kind of strange because he did say he enjoyed himself and you guys should meet up again.

Yeah ikr? He was probably just saying it out of courtesy, but I wish he’d just been honest now
What about the other guy? The new boy you made friends with?
Reply 6
What about the other guy? The new boy you made friends with?

Oh sorry, I worded it poorly. I meant that he’s really close to another guy in drama now and the other guy always makes digs at me and rude comments, but instead of defending me, the guy who I was getting to know over the summer just laughs along
Oh sorry, I worded it poorly. I meant that he’s really close to another guy in drama now and the other guy always makes digs at me and rude comments, but instead of defending me, the guy who I was getting to know over the summer just laughs along

Ohhh right makes sense now. Strange though but sometimes guys literally don't do what they want to do because they're friends around trust me it happened to me before. Some boys only act like that because they don't want to defend you and be laughed at too so they just go along with it. My advice is maybe just to ask him why he's acting like that but if you have a crush on him don't make it obvious just say it casually. Say I thought we were good you know why do you act weirdly and laugh at me? is it just because your friends were there?
Reply 8
Ohhh right makes sense now. Strange though but sometimes guys literally don't do what they want to do because they're friends around trust me it happened to me before. Some boys only act like that because they don't want to defend you and be laughed at too so they just go along with it. My advice is maybe just to ask him why he's acting like that but if you have a crush on him don't make it obvious just say it casually. Say I thought we were good you know why do you act weirdly and laugh at me? is it just because your friends were there?

Thank you I’ll try that. I don’t think I have a crush on him because if anything I’m frustrated with him, but I guess I just think about it a lot because I’m seeking some sort of closure. I’ll be sure to ask why he acts so differently now if his friend makes a comment about me again, but maybe it’s good that it’s buried under the hatchet and now I can focus on actual work 😭😂
Thank you I’ll try that. I don’t think I have a crush on him because if anything I’m frustrated with him, but I guess I just think about it a lot because I’m seeking some sort of closure. I’ll be sure to ask why he acts so differently now if his friend makes a comment about me again, but maybe it’s good that it’s buried under the hatchet and now I can focus on actual work 😭😂

True hahaha. But if you think about it a lot it must mean something. That's all I'm saying just know how you feel first but np

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending