mai12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys I’m considering Aston uni as my firm choice. Would you say it’s best to stay on campus? Is it easier to make friends? The only thing is the campus accommodation is not that nice
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mai12)
Hi guys I’m considering Aston uni as my firm choice. Would you say it’s best to stay on campus? Is it easier to make friends? The only thing is the campus accommodation is not that nice
Heyy mai12

I would trust your gut with this one! Many people, don't live on campus and still make a good group of friends and have a great uni experience. Equally, many students live on campus and find that this experience suits them better.

Have you tried contacting the university and asking them if there is someone you could talk to regarding the accommodation? Someone like a student ambassador as many of them have lived on campus and also works and studies at the uni.

Best of luck,
Ashley
Moonschool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What makes you think the campus accommodation isn't nice? Aston has one of the nicest accommodations I've seen.

Second and third year you can decide for yourself, as there are many different accommodations near by since it's in a city centre. But, if you're going to be a first year, you should 100% live on campus.
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mai12)
Hi Mai12!

That's an excellent question - our accommodation is awesome, but don't just take our word for it! We have a chat system which allows you to speak with current students (https://www2.aston.ac.uk/campaigns/unibuddy) and you can ask them all your questions about accommodation (which one is better, what they provide, what the price includes etc) - alternatively if you message us on Facebook a member of our team can put you in direct contact with our accommodation team

*Helen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (412)
43.78%
No (98)
10.41%
I'm not old enough (431)
45.8%

Watched Threads