The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Biology with psychology

Hi! Has anyone studied biology with psychology at Lancaster? I’ve looked at the prospectus but it looks heavily biology based with a little psychology - which is fine but I thought it’d be more 50% 50%. What are the career prospects with this course? Are both biology and psychology careers options afterwards?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! Has anyone studied biology with psychology at Lancaster? I’ve looked at the prospectus but it looks heavily biology based with a little psychology - which is fine but I thought it’d be more 50% 50%. What are the career prospects with this course? Are both biology and psychology careers options afterwards?

Hello,
If a course is 'X with Y' then it'll usually be more of X (2/3) and less of Y (1/3). If a course is X and Y then it'll be 50/50.
Does that make sense?
I've done lots of the biology side of it so I can help with anything on that side. Psychology is a popular course and I have a few friends who do it so I can help a little.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological sciences with biomedicine
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello,
If a course is 'X with Y' then it'll usually be more of X (2/3) and less of Y (1/3). If a course is X and Y then it'll be 50/50.
Does that make sense?
I've done lots of the biology side of it so I can help with anything on that side. Psychology is a popular course and I have a few friends who do it so I can help a little.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological sciences with biomedicine

Thank you! What college accommodation would you say is closest to the biosciences building? Which accommodation is good for ensuites and isn’t that loud?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you! What college accommodation would you say is closest to the biosciences building? Which accommodation is good for ensuites and isn’t that loud?

The Biology department is in Furness (where you might hand work in) but as it's a fairly big course you'll be in lecture theatres all out over campus for lectures. Ensuite that aren't loud = Cartmel/Pendle/Lonsdale are your best bet with Cartmel being the quietest!
Charlotte:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending