The Student Room Group

UCAS Track uni offers

I have received an unconditional from my favourite uni and am wondering if I should withdraw my other applications bar the unconditional and one other. I am scared that they'll withdraw my unconditional offer for some reason as I am desperate to go to this uni, and wonder if I should just withdraw the others so I can make my firm choice (I have only had offers from two unis and one other has offered me an interview but it is not until January so I feel like it is delaying my accepting the offers). Sorry I have no experience with this kind of thing and am hoping for some advice, it'd be much appreciated.
Original post by ekoalaa
I have received an unconditional from my favourite uni and am wondering if I should withdraw my other applications bar the unconditional and one other. I am scared that they'll withdraw my unconditional offer for some reason as I am desperate to go to this uni, and wonder if I should just withdraw the others so I can make my firm choice (I have only had offers from two unis and one other has offered me an interview but it is not until January so I feel like it is delaying my accepting the offers). Sorry I have no experience with this kind of thing and am hoping for some advice, it'd be much appreciated.

Firstly, congratulations! Personally, I would wait until I received a response from all of my choices and make a well-informed final decision. I don't see why it would be withdrawn and if there is a reason for this, perhaps call up the admissions department to double check to make you feel more comfortable.
Reply 2
Thank you very much for your prompt response. I think because it feels too good to be true I have a fear that it will be taken away from me aha. Good advice I think I might contact them to make sure.
There is no sense in withdrawing your other apps, even if you feel fairly sure at the moment that you will Firm this Unconditional offer.

Wait for the rest of your replies, go to some offer holder open days, (even if just to confirm your current feelings), and then decide.

There's no rush, you have months to decide, (UCAS will tell you your reply deadline when you all your Uni's have made a decision).

As above, you can always give the Uni a call to check if there's anything else you need to consider about their offer.

Quick Reply

Latest