anxka.x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
what is the easiest way I can join the police? because now they have gone and made it harder you need a degree to become a police officer, anyone have any tips?
NAJ_MC
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anxka.x)
what is the easiest way I can join the police? because now they have gone and made it harder you need a degree to become a police officer, anyone have any tips?
The changes go into place in January (2020), so if you’re over 18 then you can apply now. Otherwise, presuming you don’t want to just get a random degree anyway, the two best options for you are;
•Degree Apprenticeship: You join as a Police Constable and undergo a three year apprenticeship. By the end of it you have a degree level qualification and you will have completed your probationary period
•Policing Degree: You can take a course in policing. After you graduate you will have less time in training as well.
(Presumably you aren’t in university now, so the following universities offer the degree from either this or next year onwards: Anglia Ruskin University, Bangor University, Birmingham City University, Buckinghamshire New University, Canterbury Christ Church University, Coventry University, De Montfort University, Edge Hill University, Liverpool John Moores University, Nottingham Trent University, Sheffield Hallam University, Staffordshire University, Teesside University, University of Central Lancashire, University of Chester, University of Cumbria, University of Derby, University of East London, University of Gloucestershire, University of Law, University of Northumbria at Newcastle, University of South Wales, University of Wales Trinity St David, University of Winchester, University of Wolverhampton, Wrexham Glyndwr University, York St. John University, Newcastle College University Centre, Newman University Birmingham, University College London, University of Northampton, University of Suffolk)

Either way you will need to do some sort of degree program.

Source: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and...ing-the-police
anxka.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by NAJ_MC)
The changes go into place in January (2020), so if you’re over 18 then you can apply now. Otherwise, presuming you don’t want to just get a random degree anyway, the two best options for you are;
•Degree Apprenticeship: You join as a Police Constable and undergo a three year apprenticeship. By the end of it you have a degree level qualification and you will have completed your probationary period
•Policing Degree: You can take a course in policing. After you graduate you will have less time in training as well.
(Presumably you aren’t in university now, so the following universities offer the degree from either this or next year onwards: Anglia Ruskin University, Bangor University, Birmingham City University, Buckinghamshire New University, Canterbury Christ Church University, Coventry University, De Montfort University, Edge Hill University, Liverpool John Moores University, Nottingham Trent University, Sheffield Hallam University, Staffordshire University, Teesside University, University of Central Lancashire, University of Chester, University of Cumbria, University of Derby, University of East London, University of Gloucestershire, University of Law, University of Northumbria at Newcastle, University of South Wales, University of Wales Trinity St David, University of Winchester, University of Wolverhampton, Wrexham Glyndwr University, York St. John University, Newcastle College University Centre, Newman University Birmingham, University College London, University of Northampton, University of Suffolk)

Either way you will need to do some sort of degree program.

Source: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/jobs-and...ing-the-police
thanks for the help
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anxka.x)
Hi anxka.x

Great to hear you are looking to pursue a career in the Police Service.

If you have any questions about routes into policing, feel free to ask. There are a few options available to you at various universities.

We recently launched a Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship which might be an option for you.

https://www.staffs.ac.uk/news/2019/0...apprenticeship

Best wishes, ^SK
Neenaw weewoo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In my personal experience, uni degree entries are better than getting in through private companies' training courses. It may be worth contacting your preferred forces directly to see what they recommend.
anxka.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Staffordshire University)
Hi anxka.x

Great to hear you are looking to pursue a career in the Police Service.

If you have any questions about routes into policing, feel free to ask. There are a few options available to you at various universities.

We recently launched a Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship which might be an option for you.

https://www.staffs.ac.uk/news/2019/0...apprenticeship

Best wishes, ^SK
thanks for the advice, I will be sure to ask if I need anymore advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (352)
46.44%
No (81)
10.69%
I'm not old enough (325)
42.88%

Watched Threads