Can I get kicked off my college course?? Watch

User_123!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I have a long term illness which means I essentially can’t breathe and have to have operations every 2 months. My recovery takes over 2 weeks at a time and I’ve ended up missing a lot of college due to complications. Now I have completed all work and assignments on time or early and I have kept in touch with all my class mates and tutors always asking what work I need to catch up on but there is one tutor who keeps telling me I cannot do my volunteering until my attendance improves and to pass my course I have to do volunteering so my questions are one can she stop me getting my hours in and two is she allowed to kick me from my course?
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by User_123!)
So I have a long term illness which means I essentially can’t breathe and have to have operations every 2 months. My recovery takes over 2 weeks at a time and I’ve ended up missing a lot of college due to complications. Now I have completed all work and assignments on time or early and I have kept in touch with all my class mates and tutors always asking what work I need to catch up on but there is one tutor who keeps telling me I cannot do my volunteering until my attendance improves and to pass my course I have to do volunteering so my questions are one can she stop me getting my hours in and two is she allowed to kick me from my course?
What course are you currently studying? It sounds like you've been having a pretty hard time!

I think your best option is to have a word with someone senior at the college. I assume they are all aware of your condition and therefore your attendance? Are you able to speak to other tutors for your course and see what they think too?
User_123!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by brainzistheword)
What course are you currently studying? It sounds like you've been having a pretty hard time!

I think your best option is to have a word with someone senior at the college. I assume they are all aware of your condition and therefore your attendance? Are you able to speak to other tutors for your course and see what they think too?
Im on health and social care a BTEC and they are fully aware of my condition and the person who is head of my course does not like me and had told me she didn’t want me to enroll on the course at all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (5)
13.51%
Labour (20)
54.05%
Liberal Democrats (4)
10.81%
Green Party (4)
10.81%
Brexit Party (0)
0%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (1)
2.7%
Plaid Cymru (0)
0%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (1)
2.7%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)