ErinaNakiri78
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi,
i really need advice soon on what topic to centre my epq on.
i would like it based on chemistry, physical chemistry preferrably
or maybe drug effects on the brain e.g. dmt.
also, i am interested in existential theories, like fermi paradox.
also, could you give me topics areas i could research on and not specific questions to avoid getting in trouble for plagarism.
help would be much appreciated
p.s. we have to hand in our epq's by march time!
ErinaNakiri78
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Also, I want a question that I can have enough information to talk about in 5000/ more words
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay so firstly if I were to offer a worded-question for you then that wouldn't be plagiarism, just to be clear.

Secondly, you've got three broad subjects there:
- Existential Theories, Physical Chemistry, Drug Effects

Pick one.

What are you thinking about doing in the future? Use this to help decide which of the above subjects is the best to explore.
ErinaNakiri78
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Okay so firstly if I were to offer a worded-question for you then that wouldn't be plagiarism, just to be clear.

Secondly, you've got three broad subjects there:
- Existential Theories, Physical Chemistry, Drug Effects

Pick one.

What are you thinking about doing in the future? Use this to help decide which of the above subjects is the best to explore.
Hello thanks for the response, i want to do chemistry in the future so i would much prefer one that is physical chemistry. however, i found it difficult to find any topics of discussion on this subject.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ErinaNakiri78)
Hello thanks for the response, i want to do chemistry in the future so i would much prefer one that is physical chemistry. however, i found it difficult to find any topics of discussion on this subject.
I'll tag in CheeseIsVeg who may be able to provide assistance on the chemistry front. :borat:
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ErinaNakiri78)
Hi there I'm a 3rd Year Chemistry Undergraduate.
I also did my EPQ, I actually based mine around news in chemistry at the time and would definitely recommend you check our recent articles on Chemistry World in case one interests you enough to write about and find out more about the surrounding area.

Physical chemistry is extremely broad and so you can go into theory, discoveries, computational/modelling and even the use of AI for instance. It really depends on what you find interesting. At the end of the day, EPQs are easier to write if you enjoy the topic!

Hope this helps,
Cheese

(Original post by 04MR17)
I'll tag in CheeseIsVeg who may be able to provide assistance on the chemistry front. :borat:
ErinaNakiri78
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Wow thanks so much this was so helpful!!
I will try checking some chemistry articles out then 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.64%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (789)
42.06%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (372)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.48%

Watched Threads