The Student Room Group

Help stomach not digesting anything?

It's been 3 days and i've not been properly digesting anything i eat. Everything sits in my stomach since breakfast and only the next morning do i go to the bathroom but nothing much comes out. I'm drinking lots of water and peeing frequently though. It feels bloated heavy all day with different food sloshing around, ew. But i'm getting intense cravings more than usual and can't seem to limit what i eat. I take heartburn tablets when it gets bad but doesnt help much.

Tried googling it but i only get results about Gastroparesis (a long term digestive problem) and all their advice is lifestyle related. I'm sure this is temporary and i need a quick approach. Whats going on??
Original post by Anonymous
It's been 3 days and i've not been properly digesting anything i eat. Everything sits in my stomach since breakfast and only the next morning do i go to the bathroom but nothing much comes out. I'm drinking lots of water and peeing frequently though. It feels bloated heavy all day with different food sloshing around, ew. But i'm getting intense cravings more than usual and can't seem to limit what i eat. I take heartburn tablets when it gets bad but doesnt help much.

Tried googling it but i only get results about Gastroparesis (a long term digestive problem) and all their advice is lifestyle related. I'm sure this is temporary and i need a quick approach. Whats going on??

You need to see a GP. It could be an obstruction in your bowel somewhere, or a mechanical issue with digestion.
Yes definitely get an appointment to see your GP and get checked out.
Something is obviously not right.

Quick Reply

Latest